Siri on iPhone 4

idkmybffjill

Sep 14, 2011
Visit site
Siri on iPhone 4 without Proxy?

I've been looking at a few different Siri ports, but it seems like most of them are based on proxy servers. I was under the impression that if I could get an authentication key from a 4S, I could use it to connect to Apple's servers, which is what I want. Is there a working port of Siri that uses this model?

I found this in a google search, has anyone used it successfully?

Last edited:

Freegoo

Jun 29, 2009
Visit site
No idea on how that works. But the cydia app you're describing is Spire. You have to setup a proxy for it with your iPhone 4s. I don't think it's real easy, but you can probably find a guide on google.

There are public proxies too, but the free ones can be slow and unresponsive. The one paid I tried stopped working after a few weeks.

icebox93

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
There is an app on cydia called assistantconnect and it's companion assistantconnect4S. With spire and these programs you can use Siri on any iOS 5 device. Get a friend with a 4S to install the 4S program. This will grab his siri authentication data and package it so it can be used by assistant connect on your phone, and then when you connect to apple's servers, you masquerade as your friend's 4S. The hard part is finding someone with a 4S that doesn't mind sharing.

There's a YouTube video about assistantconnect, check it out.

Last edited:
Reactions: idkmybffjill

idkmybffjill

Sep 14, 2011
Visit site
There is an app on cydia called assistantconnect and it's companion assistantconnect4S. With spire and these programs you can use Siri on any iOS 5 device. Get a friend with a 4S to install the 4S program. This will grab his siri authentication data and package it so it can be used by assistant connect on your phone, and then when you connect to apple's servers, you masquerade as your friend's 4S. The hard part is finding someone with a 4S that doesn't mind sharing.

There's a YouTube video about assistantconnect, check it out.

This is exactly what I've been looking for. Thanks s bunch.

Massie

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
But for it to keep working, doesn't your friend need to mail you the authentication data every 24 hours? I can't imagine any friend willing to do it EVERY DAY.

idkmybffjill

Sep 14, 2011
Visit site
But for it to keep working, doesn't your friend need to mail you the authentication data every 24 hours? I can't imagine any friend willing to do it EVERY DAY.

Luckily I've got my wife to send me authentication keys. That is, if she doesn't throw it at me, but that's another thread.

Massie

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
That seems like the best solution, but even that is too much work for me--I don't want to have to remember to do this every morning. I want it to "just work."

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73