Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    iPhone Newbie

iOS Version

Default spring board keep's crashing.

i've noticed a lot lately the i keep getting these error messages that springboard has crashed and it has gone into safe mode. i alway's hit restart and it goes back to being in "jailbreak mode". how ever this has been happening 3 or 4 times a week. has this been happening to anyone else lately? and if so is there a solution to remedy it without me having to keep restarting it over and over.
    JBaby likes this.
    iMore Genius

Global Posts
    4,957 Global Posts
    iOS Version

It's happening because of an app or tweak you installed that isn't fully compatible. If you can give a list of what you have installed we might be able to narrow down the issue.
    iPhone Newbie

This happens to me alot when i recive text messages the alert shows up plus the same alert from a few messages back and then crashes. I think it has something to do with bitesms but im not sure.
    iPhone Intermediate

Global Posts
    227 Global Posts
    iOS Version

Quote Originally Posted by chrisw329 View Post
    This happens to me alot when i recive text messages the alert shows up plus the same alert from a few messages back and then crashes. I think it has something to do with bitesms but im not sure.

Do you by chance have iCaughtU Pro installed? I was having tons of springboard crashes when I received a SMS when my phone was locked. I don't remember why, (think I read it somewhere) but I uninstalled iCaughtU Pro (was really hard to get rid of) and then respring and no more springboard crashes ...

HTH

Scarlet
    Last edited by 3under2; 03-06-2012 at 07:56 AM. Reason: Quote who I am replying to ...
  5. Thread AuthorThread Author   #5  
    iPhone Newbie

iOS Version

Quote Originally Posted by Massie View Post
    It's happening because of an app or tweak you installed that isn't fully compatible. If you can give a list of what you have installed we might be able to narrow down the issue.
    i installed barryl, color keyboard, intelliscreenx, and springtomize.
    iPhone Newbie

Global Posts
    31 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by morgans13 View Post
    Are you using springtomize 1 or 2?
    iPhone Beginner

Global Posts
    74 Global Posts

color keyboard did it to me initially, but it only did it once or twice.
    iMore Genius

Global Posts
    4,957 Global Posts
    iOS Version

Quote Originally Posted by morgans13 View Post
    I have all those and have no Safe Mode issues. I assume these are all paid-for, legit versions of these apps? And like someone else asked, you have the correct version of Springtomize?

If that's all you have--no other tweaks at all, no Winterboard, no themes, no anything--then there isn't much that could go wrong. Make sure you have Folder Enhancer Fix turned Off in your Barrel settings, and also check that you aren't trying to use Springtomize to tweak something that one of the other apps is already tweaking. Trying to have two apps change the same things can lead to trouble.

Good luck!
    iPhone Nanite

iOS Version

Default Jailbroken iPhone 4S i.O.S 5.0.1 keeps crashing help ?!?

my iphone 4s i.O.S 5.0.1 (9A406) is JailBroken & it keeps crashing ALOT , like it will jus exit out of any app randomly & i have to respring it for it to stop but then after awhile it starts again & i cant figure out wat tweak or wateva from cydia is causing this ?? it also keeps goin to "safe mode" & i restart it & its back to "jailbroken mode" but its does this quite alot of times . . . .

Heres everything i have installed from cydia :

Activator
    BadgeRemover
    Barrel
    ColorBanner
    ColorKeyboard
    IconRenamer
    Slider Pro Settings
    SMS+
    Springtomize 2
    Winterboard
    iFile
    iProtect
    3G Unrestrictor
    SB Settings
    BytaFont

i also have a theme on it .

IF ANYBODY KNOWS HOW TO FIX THIS PLEASE LET ME KNO ASAP !!! THANKS
    Last edited by JBaby; 05-29-2012 at 02:45 AM.
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    758 Global Posts
    iOS Version

I was experiencing numerous springboard crashes while I was jailbroken on 5.0.1. This and wanting the ability to delete photos from photo stream are the reason I upgraded to 5.1.1 and jailbroke again. So far (knock on wood) I haven't had any springboard crashes where in the past I would have a couple by now. I also have all the same JB tweaks and apps installed.

You may want to upgrade before its too late. Plus the battery life improvement is also worth the upgrade.
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    1,467 Global Posts
    iOS Version

Quote Originally Posted by JBaby View Post
    my iphone 4s i.O.S 5.0.1 (9A406) is JailBroken & it keeps crashing ALOT , like it will jus exit out of any app randomly & i have to respring it for it to stop but then after awhile it starts again & i cant figure out wat tweak or wateva from cydia is causing this ?? it also keeps goin to "safe mode" & i restart it & its back to "jailbroken mode" but its does this quite alot of times . . . .

Heres everything i have installed from cydia :

Activator
    BadgeRemover
    Barrel
    ColorBanner
    ColorKeyboard
    IconRenamer
    Slider Pro Settings
    SMS+
    Springtomize 2
    Winterboard
    iFile
    iProtect
    3G Unrestrictor
    SB Settings
    BytaFont

i also have a theme on it .

IF ANYBODY KNOWS HOW TO FIX THIS PLEASE LET ME KNO ASAP !!! THANKS
    go into cydia, under manage>pakages. find each of them and open them one at a time. there will be a red box in there that will tell you if you are compatible or not. if it is not compatible delete it and you should be fine
    Thanked by:
    JBaby (05-29-2012)
    iMore Guru

iOS Version

You can disable all your mobile substrate tweaks in SBSettings then add them back one at a time and assess stability at each point.

Sent from my iPad2 using Tapatalk
    Thanked by:
    JohnH59 (05-30-2012)
    iPhone Nanite

iOS Version

i thought you couldnt JailBreak tha new software update iOS 5.1.1 ?? wat did you use to jailbreak it ? & so i jus update my iphone to iOS 5.1.1 & it will be un jailbroken & i jus re- jailbreak it ?
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    1,467 Global Posts
    iOS Version

i thought you couldnt JailBreak tha new software update iOS 5.1.1 ?? wat did you use to jailbreak it ? & so i jus update my iphone to iOS 5.1.1 & it will be un jailbroken & i jus re- jailbreak it ?
    Before posting a question like this in an unrelated topic. try reading other posts. a tethered jb has been out since the day 5.1.1 was released. untethered has been out since friday. you need to do some research
    iPhone Nanite

iOS Version

uhm well excuse me idk how to work this site i jus signed up lasnite damn & actually someone posted that i needed to do that so i was replieng to them thankyou so its not an " unrelated topic " .
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    125 Global Posts
    iOS Version

I had the same problem with colorkeyboard in 5.0.1, and was forced into upgrading to 5.1 before there was a downgrade path or jailbreak available. Since again being able to jailbreak, I've decided to live with the OEM keyboard.

Colorkeyboard, IMO, isn't worth the hassle.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk; typos courtesy of auto correct.
    iPhone Nanite

My iPhone 4 crashes to Safe Mode on nealy every incomming SMS.

I've been jail breaking and tweaking iPhones from the days of the iPhone 3G
    Updated my iPhone 4 on every iOS soon as the jailbreak comes out.
    So sat on 5.1.0 without a problem until the 5.1.1 absynth 2.0 came out then updated
    Jailbroke and installed my old tweaks back. (see below)

Now, on almost every incomming SMS the phone crashes to safemode.

Here's the low down..

iPhone 4
    iOS 5.1.1
    AdBlocker
    Applocker
    CallBar
    CallTell
    CameraWallpaper
    Forecast
    iCaughtU Pro
    Infinifolders
    OneByOne Contacts
    Sbsettings
    Springtomize 2
    3G Unrestrictor
    Unfolder

Incidentally, I Jailbroke a friends 4s on 5.1.1 installed 99% of the same tweaks and his is
    Crashing to safemode also.

EDIT: uninstalled Unfolder and it just crashed again when exactly when I got an incomming SMS
    So that's one tweak off the list.
    Last edited by Arthur_Daily; 06-01-2012 at 01:12 PM.
    iPhone Nanite

I'm reading a few reports of iCaughtU Pro causing this 'crash on incomming SMS' thing.
    Some saying its causing the Native SMS client problems and some saying its crashing Bite SMS.

In all cases the removal of iCaughtU Pro stops the crashing, and I must say after uninstalling it myself an hour ago AND 3 SMS received with no crash,
    In beginning to believe I've found the conflict.

Now it's worth also saying that I updated iCaughtU Pro to the latest ver, and didn't have any problems when I was on iOS 5.1.0
    These springbord crash to safemode problems only started after I updated the iOS to 5.1.1 and Jailbroke 4 mins later.

I'll report back if I find anything new.

Hopfully my info may help others, not just members of this forum but people who find their way here
    Via a google search of the problem as I did. Fingers crossed
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    280 Global Posts
    iOS Version

uhm well excuse me idk how to work this site i jus signed up lasnite damn & actually someone posted that i needed to do that so i was replieng to them thankyou so its not an " unrelated topic " .
    Holy butchering of the english language, Batman!!
    JB Iphone 5 32GB*Mac Mini 2011 10.9.1 OSX*Apple TV2
    iPhone Nanite

Default Re: spring board keep's crashing.

It's probably from the SBsettings I had this problem and I had SBsettings installed it was automatically respring by itself that's why your springboard crashed

Hope this helps
    iMore Elite

iOS Version

Quote Originally Posted by frusty23 View Post
    It's probably from the SBsettings I had this problem and I had SBsettings installed it was automatically respring by itself that's why your springboard crashed

Hope this helps
    welcome to imore, now take a seat and be quiet, unless you know what youre talking about!

Global Posts
    4,099 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    7.0.4/6.1

Quote Originally Posted by 3cit View Post
    welcome to imore, now take a seat and be quiet, unless you know what youre talking about!
    Served 👊
    iMore Expert

Global Posts
    877 Global Posts
    iOS Version

Quote Originally Posted by 3cit View Post
    Agreed with the general premise, but try not to be too intimidating or you'll scare the newcomers!
    If you have jailbreak woes, you can iMessage me at iDonev@me.com. I'll try to help (provided I have time to spare).
    iMore Elite

iOS Version

Quote Originally Posted by iDonev View Post
    Agreed with the general premise, but try not to be too intimidating or you'll scare the newcomers!
    I've been a bit feisty the last few days...
    I'd like I apologize to the new guy.
    You can say whatever you want! And I appreciate your contribution!
    iPhone Nanite

Guys please help me out! When ever I download something from cydia or installous I get three more icons on my home screen, "idiagnostics" , "isetup" and one more that I dont remember! It happens even if I download stuff from cydia like "fruit ninja" etc. and as this happens it crashes the springboard :/
    Please let me know if someone is having a solution for this proble
    ! And yes one more thing that when ever I switch my off and the turn it on! Those icons disappear and everything becomes normal!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast