Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Results 1 to 12 of 12
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    Allyson Kazmucha's Avatar
    iMore Specialist

    Posts
    1,048 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,620 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    iOS 6 beta

    Angry iPhone 4S respring issue - HALP!

    Ok, so I have the weirdest issue I've ever had with a jailbreak. Let's start off by what I currently have installed -

    - IntelliscreenX (with Messages+ activated)
    - Shrink
    - Infinifolders
    - Five Icon Dock
    - BlurriedNCBackground
    - SBSettings
    - SBSetting HD iOS 5 theme (not applied via winterboard, applied via sbsettings itself)

    That's it right now.

    This is where it gets weird -

    My iPhone 4S is randomly re-springing (ok not totally random). It initially only did it whenever I would open the Accuweather app. It'd re-spring in safe mode.

    So I uninstalled accuweather and installed MyCast - now it's only doing it when I open MyCast. WTF?!

    So I thought to myself - "ok maybe it's happening whenever I have an app opened that is using location services" - but that can't be it because Instagram, the Camera app, or any other app that uses location services has no problem.

    Alas, I can not figure this one out. I have actively looked at Crash Reporter every single time a crash occurs and it's showing that the actual springboard is crashing, not the app. It doesn't come up with any suspects or issues. Just a springboard crash.

    HALP!

    I've tried uninstalling every single jailbroken application i have installed, to no avail - nothing stops weather apps from crashing. Doesn't seem to matter what weather app I have, whenever I open it, it crashes my springboard.

    Do these handle processes differently?
    Follow me on Twitter and Instagram!

    Editor, iMore.com
    ally@imore.com
  2. #2  
    ajrietveld's Avatar
    iPhone Nanite

    Posts
    9 Posts
    Global Posts
    11 Global Posts

    Default

    Do any of those have LibWeather installed as a dependency? If I'm not mistaken a certain version was causing some issues.
  3. #3  
    Massie's Avatar
    iMore Genius

    Posts
    5,004 Posts
    Global Posts
    5,009 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    7.0.4

    Default

    There definitely was an issue with it, and I believe the latest update should be in the MMi repo by now. If not, try Ashman's beta repo: apt.dba-technologies.com/beta/
  4. Thread AuthorThread Author   #4  
    Allyson Kazmucha's Avatar
    iMore Specialist

    Posts
    1,048 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,620 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    iOS 6 beta

    Default

    Wouldn't Libweather show up as installed in Cydia though as a package? I checked and there's nothing there.
    Follow me on Twitter and Instagram!

    Editor, iMore.com
    ally@imore.com
  5. #5  
    Jared DiPane's Avatar
    iMore Newbie

    Posts
    37 Posts
    Global Posts
    7,078 Global Posts

    Default

    Yupp it would.

    I use WeatherIcon and let it overlay on the stock weather application. Gives me an icon with the current temp and conditions.

    Maybe try installing Libweather, and see if that does help with the issue
  6. #6  
    Massie's Avatar
    iMore Genius

    Posts
    5,004 Posts
    Global Posts
    5,009 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    7.0.4

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by iMuggle View Post
    Wouldn't Libweather show up as installed in Cydia though as a package? I checked and there's nothing there.
    -might only show under Packages/Expert if installed. (Instead of Simple.)
    -for the update you might need to add that repo I gave.
  7. #7  
    Massie's Avatar
    iMore Genius

    Posts
    5,004 Posts
    Global Posts
    5,009 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    7.0.4

    Default

    (latest version is 1.3.0.3 by the way.)
  8. #8  
    matthewmspace's Avatar
    iPhone Newbie

    Posts
    24 Posts
    Global Posts
    28 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    6.0b4

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by iMuggle View Post
    Ok, so I have the weirdest issue I've ever had with a jailbreak. Let's start off by what I currently have installed -

    - IntelliscreenX (with Messages+ activated)
    - Shrink
    - Infinifolders
    - Five Icon Dock
    - BlurriedNCBackground
    - SBSettings
    - SBSetting HD iOS 5 theme (not applied via winterboard, applied via sbsettings itself)

    That's it right now.

    This is where it gets weird -

    My iPhone 4S is randomly re-springing (ok not totally random). It initially only did it whenever I would open the Accuweather app. It'd re-spring in safe mode.

    So I uninstalled accuweather and installed MyCast - now it's only doing it when I open MyCast. WTF?!

    So I thought to myself - "ok maybe it's happening whenever I have an app opened that is using location services" - but that can't be it because Instagram, the Camera app, or any other app that uses location services has no problem.

    Alas, I can not figure this one out. I have actively looked at Crash Reporter every single time a crash occurs and it's showing that the actual springboard is crashing, not the app. It doesn't come up with any suspects or issues. Just a springboard crash.

    HALP!

    I've tried uninstalling every single jailbroken application i have installed, to no avail - nothing stops weather apps from crashing. Doesn't seem to matter what weather app I have, whenever I open it, it crashes my springboard.

    Do these handle processes differently?
    Open tinyumbrella on your laptop and plug the iphone into the computer. Press "enter recovery mode". Let it go to that menu. Then "exit recovery mode". Should be back to normal after that.
  9. #9  
    Massie's Avatar
    iMore Genius

    Posts
    5,004 Posts
    Global Posts
    5,009 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    7.0.4

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by matthewmspace View Post
    Open tinyumbrella on your laptop and plug the iphone into the computer. Press "enter recovery mode". Let it go to that menu. Then "exit recovery mode". Should be back to normal after that.
    I haven't heard of that fix before; what is the theory behind it?
  10. Thread AuthorThread Author   #10  
    Allyson Kazmucha's Avatar
    iMore Specialist

    Posts
    1,048 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,620 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    iOS 6 beta

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Massie View Post
    I haven't heard of that fix before; what is the theory behind it?
    Yeah that wouldn't help anything as my iPhone was never stuck in recovery to begin with. TU wouldn't do anything for springboard crashes.

    After I posted this random other apps started re-springing my phone too. Yesterday alone I had about 22 springboard crashes. I ended up restoring just a few minutes ago (didn't have time yesterday) - and now I'm resyncing all my stuff over and will re-jailbreak. hopefully won't have any issues this time.
    Follow me on Twitter and Instagram!

    Editor, iMore.com
    ally@imore.com
  11. #11  
    Apple Ifad's Avatar
    iPhone Beginner

    Posts
    52 Posts

    Default

    Let us know how it goes! Very odd behavior.
  12. #12  
    rich67's Avatar
    iMore Intermediate

    Posts
    255 Posts
    Global Posts
    280 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    6

    Default

    Here's what I noticed today. I had my wi fi on last night, and shut my phone off before going to bed. Upon awakening and firing up the phone, it went into redundant respring mode..it would reboot over and over, but only go as far as the lockscreen. Then I noticed that IntelliscreenX was not loading, and I THINK this is where the issue lies. Normally, at the lockscreen, I get the pinwheel and "initializing intelliscreenx" notification. This was absent during this process. I held down the home and power button to turn off/reboot the phone. This time, intelliscreen X loaded properly, and no more respring. I am venturing to guess the culprit is Intelliscreen, because I have a minimal amount of apps on my phone, and I see this is a common denominator with most jailbroken phones that have random respring issues. I started another thread on this a while back, but haven't heard any new responses. I'd like to hear from other intelliscreenx users, and see if they also have the redundant respring issue. Not sure if wifi is the issue either, I just mentioned it because I had it on both times I encountered this issue-it was ON, but no wi fi was present.
    JB Iphone 5 32GB*Mac Mini 2011 10.9.1 OSX*Apple TV2