Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    iPhone Intermediate

210 Posts

Default Zeppelin changes the iPhone carrier logo

Zeppelin is a great jailbreak extension that lets you change the iPhone carrier logo icon in the status bar. The mod comes with a handful of pre-loaded icons but also includes built-in support for outside icon packs from other jailbreak developers, in addition to allowing users to drop in their own PNG image via SSH.

Zeppelin doesn’t add any icons to the iPhone’s Home screen, but instead places an additional settings pane within the Settings app directly. Among the included icons out of the box are popular mainstays like the Batman logo (including a separate Dark Knight option), Decepticons, Space Invaders, Superman, Pac-Man and, strangely enough, the Android logo.

But the options don’t stop there. Jump into Cydia and you’ll find a number of great logo packs for Zeppelin — all free — including NFL, NHL, Grand Theft Auto V, humorous internet memes as well as U.S. carrier logos like T-Mobile in addition to logos for other country carriers. One my my favorites is the Steve Jobs pack from the ModMyi repo which includes a few gems, like the famous “Stay Hungry, Stay Foolish” quote from his Stanford commencement speech.

If you’re looking for a fun and easy way to personalize the carrier logo on your iPhone, Zeppelin is definitely the most comprehensive option out there.

If you’re interested in even more jailbreak utilities, be sure to check out the best jailbreak applications for iOS 5.
    Last edited by iRoo; 02-27-2012 at 02:52 AM. Reason: YouTube embed fix
    iPhone Newbie

28 Posts

Thnx i love it!
    iPhone Beginner

52 Posts
    Global Posts
    74 Global Posts

Any idea how to add custom ones?
    iMore Genius

8,216 Posts
    Global Posts
    8,563 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by BrettAU View Post
    Any idea how to add custom ones?
    what do you mean exactly? add them to the device? or add to 3rd party notifying apps?(FB, Twitter, WWF etc..)

back on topic: i have no desire to use Zeppelin. seems a little silly to me