Ultrasn0w no longer works on my iPhone

Sergeant_Manny

May 1, 2011
Visit site
Okay, I have an iPhone 4 bb 01.59.00

This morning, I had service on T-Mobile and everything is working fine

Then, I lost service and I could not regain it.

I have tried everything, reboot, shut down, pulled out the sim and I have also restored it to stock (with my baseband preserved) and rejailbreaking it all over again and i have the same problem.

I noticed that when ultrasn0w was not installed, my iPhone detected immediately when there was no sim card, etc.

I installed ultrasn0w with no sim card in the tray and my service message changed from no sim to no service.

Could it be that its a hardware problem?

I have tried smock's ultrasn0w fix and I get an error when i try to instal that. What can I do?

Laelipoo

Aug 11, 2010
Visit site
Maybe your sim went bad--see if tmobile can swap that out for you

Beamed from a galaxy far, far away using Tapatalk!

crystus

Jul 17, 2009
Visit site
I would second the get a new sim card. I worked as an ATT agent for a while and they can go bad quite often and easily so it doesn't matter how old it is.

Sergeant_Manny

May 1, 2011
Visit site
I can confirm this issue is a sim card issue. I inserted my sim into my original T-Mobile phone and it does not work.

I hope I can get to a store soon because I leave for a business trip this afternoon.

Massie

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
I'd just like to say that I'm impressed that you did the whole restore/preserve/re-jb. I feel like your first post was just the other day!

Sergeant_Manny

May 1, 2011
Visit site
Massie: I have been posting in the forums for months now. I had an unlocked iPhone on 5.0 since the jail the 5.0 jailbreak was released. (through the same method only I had GEVEY Sim which I am SO happy to be rid of)

General Post: And I can confirm that it is a Sim Card issue

I went to the store, asked for a new sim card and when I showed them my iPhone, they actually gave me a micro sim. They also stress how they don't always carry them.

Massie

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
Massie: I have been posting in the forums for months now. I had an unlocked iPhone on 5.0 since the jail the 5.0 jailbreak was released. (through the same method only I had GEVEY Sim which I am SO happy to be rid of)

Sorry if it sounded like I was trying to insult you, I really was impressed! It's just cool to see how we all get better at this stuff over time (myself included)...

crystus

Jul 17, 2009
Visit site
Just so everyone knows. I worked at an agent store and on average we were sending back 75-100 sim cards a month that were defective. I always hate the posts that say sim cards rarely go bad. They can go bad quite often. I replaced a sim card in a clients phone 4 times in one week before we got one that worked.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro