Good iFile tip

tyler_zyco

Oct 2, 2011
Visit site
You may already know this, but enable "Use Trash" in iFile settings to save yourself the trouble of accidentally deleting something and having to restore to get it back.

I deleted WeeAppPlugins, thinking it was a remnant of a deleted WeeKillBackground app, BUT IT WAS NOT.. My weather, stocks, etc. disappeared from my notification center and notification settings.

I was about ready to do yet another restore. But then I checked in var/mobile/Library/iFile/Trash and presto! Just copy the trashed files and paste them back where they belong.

Hope this helps (and wasn't too obvious)

tyler_zyco

Oct 2, 2011
Visit site
It's great if you are deleting potentially important files, performing a Respring and noticing problems.

But obviously of you are not experiencing problems and want to save space, delete the trash contents every once in a while.

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
On the subject of iFile: I want to be able to move pics from albums that I've synced from iTunes to the
camera roll. Reason being is because I'd rather create those albums on the phone itself so that whenever
I restore those pics and albums will be there and I won't have to rely on syncing certain albums anymore.

What folder am I looking for? I'm trying to find the folders of the albums that I've synced through iTunes so
I can move them into the camera roll.

Laelipoo

Aug 11, 2010
Visit site
On the subject of iFile: I want to be able to move pics from albums that I've synced from iTunes to the
camera roll. Reason being is because I'd rather create those albums on the phone itself so that whenever
I restore those pics and albums will be there and I won't have to rely on syncing certain albums anymore.

What folder am I looking for? I'm trying to find the folders of the albums that I've synced through iTunes so
I can move them into the camera roll.

For me at least they are in private/var/mobile/Media/PhotoData/Sync then some numbered folder.

Camera roll is in /var/mobile/Media/DCIM

Beamed from a galaxy far, far away using Tapatalk!

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
For me at least they are in private/var/mobile/Media/PhotoData/Sync then some numbered folder.

Camera roll is in /var/mobile/Media/DCIM

Thank you. These are the locations. Any idea why when I copy then paste they're not showing up in the camera roll? The DCIM folder has two folders. 100APPLE and 101APPLE. Trying to paste in both aren't giving me the pics in the camera roll.

Laelipoo

Aug 11, 2010
Visit site
Try a respring maybe? I am usually doing it the other way around so I'm not sure.

bAdstylee

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
This was helpful, thanks, I rarely sync albums from iTunes, so when I was asked the location, this thread helped. So I'll add a bit to it as a thanks.

The reason copy/pasting does not work to show in your camera roll is data base writing only done by iTunes. There is a simple way around this though. In ifile, when clicking the arrow (file attributes) to the right of the file you want to add to camera roll, in this menu, there is an ifile option at the very bottom of the attributes page which will save "save to camera roll". This is the only way to manually add to camera roll outside of iTunes.

So for example, I want to record a vid using DisplayRecorder, then tweet it,but I can't access this saved file with my twitter client. So I can use this method to add to camera roll then it's accessible to any of your apps

Hope this helped.

Thanks guys!

AlanKeithEnt

Sep 16, 2013
Visit site
I can not find I trash and I went to var/mobile/library/ifile and yet no "trash" I deleted a file so that when I dock my phone to any docking station I can not get sound out of the docking station speaker. Just through the phone. Please help. Thank you. :straight-face:

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711