Bite SMS help

neek87

Feb 8, 2012
Visit site
Just got done browsing this forum and noticed a lot of people glorifying BiteSms. Went ahead and downloaded it and adjusted all of the settings to my liking and now I'm glorifying it too. ^_^

The only thing I'm having an issue trying to figure out how to do is this: when I get a new text and the bitesms window opens notifying me that I have a new message, if i decide not to read that new text and hit "close", the window disappears (which is fine) but the badge icon and status bar icon disappear as if I read the message. (Keep in mind I don't have my message displaying for privacy reasons, I only see who the sender is on the BiteSms window). I dont want the badge and status bar icon to disappear!

Can someone please help me figure out which setting to change to fix this?

Thanks so much!

3cit

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
The badge and status bar icon are notifications, not unread message counters, so if you clear it, you have been notified...
Maybe get popup blocker and make it so you don't get notified at all by popups. Then you'd only have the badges.

neek87

Feb 8, 2012
Visit site
Aww ok. I was hoping the badge would stay to remind me that I have an unread message. I get so busy at work, I like being able to see WHO texted me and then determining whether or not I will take time to read that persons message now or later.

Thanks for responding!

mbern1008

Oct 19, 2011
Visit site
I have a later option on mine that when I press it closes the windows but keeps the counter and the message as unread

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods