Is there a tweak for making any app multitasking friendly?

wamadden4

May 10, 2011
Visit site
I have a radio app i often times use and when i close the app to use another app, it stops working... is there any tweak out there i can use to make it still work in the background?

rosenstar

Apr 14, 2011
Visit site
I have a radio app i often times use and when i close the app to use another app, it stops working... is there any tweak out there i can use to make it still work in the background?

Most radio apps now do that already (pandora, 8Tracks, ESPN Radio, etc.). What radio app are you using?

wamadden4

May 10, 2011
Visit site
Its the KLOS app

Its a local radio station in Los Angeles that i listen to... I know most radio apps and most apps in general do cater to multitasking, just wondering if there was a tweak to make it multitask?

3cit

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, it's called backgrounder. It's on big boss repo. It says something about it not being supported anymore, but it was updated to work on ios5.

wamadden4

May 10, 2011
Visit site
Tried downloading it and i get this message in red "I wasn't able to locate file for the libstatusbar package. This might mean you need to manually fix this package." What the heck does that mean and how do i fix it?

Massie

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
You need the libstatusbar package from Cydia. If you can't find it with a Search you might need to change your User settings to developer in order for it to show up in the results.

Bigger picture though: this is kind of using a boulder to swat a fly. You might be better off trying to get the app developer to issue an update.

3cit

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
You need the libstatusbar package from Cydia. If you can't find it with a Search you might need to change your User settings to developer in order for it to show up in the results.

Bigger picture though: this is kind of using a boulder to swat a fly. You might be better off trying to get the app developer to issue an update.

Never leave something you want in other peoples hands!!!

You made a theme for your black on white status bar...(which I'm
Now using! Thanks)

Backgrounder is great!!! Everyone should use it. It literally let's you have better control of the iOS...
Nothing really needs to be in the background... Except music playing applications... This is the solution... It's my second most needed tweak.
I didn't update my ip4 until this was released for ios5!!!

wamadden4

May 10, 2011
Visit site
I got it to download but the app crashes when i try to start it up.... like i click on it and the screen flashes and nothing happens....

rosenstar

Apr 14, 2011
Visit site
Its a local radio station in Los Angeles that i listen to... I know most radio apps and most apps in general do cater to multitasking, just wondering if there was a tweak to make it multitask?

Why not just get TuneRadio or iHeartRadio from the appstore; both of which should allow you to access local stations and will play in the background.

Massie

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
Never leave something you want in other peoples hands!!!

You made a theme for your black on white status bar...(which I'm
Now using! Thanks)

Backgrounder is great!!! Everyone should use it. It literally let's you have better control of the iOS...
Nothing really needs to be in the background... Except music playing applications... This is the solution... It's my second most needed tweak.
I didn't update my ip4 until this was released for ios5!!!

I guess I don't really understand what I'd use it for anymore, now that backgrounding is built into iOS?

3cit

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
I got it to download but the app crashes when i try to start it up.... like i click on it and the screen flashes and nothing happens....

475e30d4-bdb1-851b.jpg

You need to install the right version

Also this is great for controlling what gets backgrounder.... Example, you have words with friends, and hanging with friends... Both open is 170 bits of your ram.... Then you get a message... More ram, then listen to some music ... More ram....

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
You need to install the right version

Also this is great for controlling what gets backgrounder.... Example, you have words with friends, and hanging with friends... Both open is 170 bits of your ram.... Then you get a message... More ram, then listen to some music ... More ram....

i have always contemplated on getting this.. how does it affect battery performance? subjective i'm sure..?

3cit

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
Well I start with 220 or so mb of ram, after each respring / restart. THen I Do a free mem and get anywhere between 274 and 315 depending on...(wish I knew)... Then i watch my ram Junp around depending on what I open... And I have it setup to not multitask, it always stays above 225...
I've never experienced a battery problem, and I think the starting ram should be around 350-375, but that's optimal and without winterboard...

Last edited:

Massie

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
To each his own I guess...I've never had a battery problem and I just let iOS handle background tasks and multitasking. I don't think it really makes a difference to have an extra 100MB unused, myself, but if you feel that you get better battery that way who am I to argue?

3cit

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
Yeah I'm not sure what it is about me... I like the ram, kinda obsess about it...
I've never had a battery problem, ever, but I assume it has nothing to do with backgrounder