Theme: BlackStatusIcons

Rockdog97

Oct 14, 2011
Visit site
Yup. thanks Massie.. got it installed and love the look.. now to make it multiple color options..;)

the more I find cool apps/tweeks like this from good folks like yourself, the more I dig my jailbroke phone..

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
Red Ribbon via OpenNotifier

i like it. been using it to hide the not so important notifications, then check the next time i unlock my LS via NC

11lrddu.jpg

thanks again, Massie!

Massie

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
Hey everyone, I just realized that when I converted the wifi bars to black, they ALL got filled in completely--so even if you only had 1 bar, it still shows 3. I've corrected that in the zip attached to this post, or download it here: BlackStatusIcons

And since people seem interested, I've also attached the ribbon theme I use for my OpenNotifier notifications.

Last edited:

HeyGreggie

Oct 13, 2011
Visit site
Hey everyone, I just realized that when I converted the wifi bars to black, they ALL got filled in completely--so even if you only had 1 bar, it still shows 3. I've corrected that in the zip attached to this post, or download it here: BlackStatusIcons

And since people seem interested, I've also attached the ribbon theme I use for my OpenNotifier notifications.

exactly how do I install this red ribbon for my alarms using ssh? I'd appreciate the help...

Massie

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
Same idea as I wrote out above, but you'd use the ribbon image to replace your alarm images instead of the OpenNotifier images. The alarm images for the status bar are named:

WhiteOnBlackEtch_Alarm@2x.png
ColorOnGrayShadow_Alarm@2x.png

So if you're going to use the entire BlackStatusIcons theme, just copy the @2x ribbons from the Notifier zip and use the images to replace the two alarm images in the BlackStatusIcons theme's UIImages folder, but give them the names of the alarm icons. Make sense?

(Or if you want ONLY the ribbons and not the rest of the theme, just unzip the attached theme folder and use that in Winterboard. That will give you one white and one red; if you want both the same color just copy the one you want and use the same color for both names.)

Massie

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
and this works with opennotifier as well? I dont have notifier

I don't understand...I thought you wanted it for your alarms? If you want it for OpenNotifier (which is what I use too) just download the Notifier.zip file, unzip it, and put it into /Library/Themes and activate it in Winterboard.

Last edited:

HeyGreggie

Oct 13, 2011
Visit site
I don't understand...I thought you wanted it for your alarms?

My apologies, I did want it for alarms, but I rather it just be for whatever, as I like the affect on the screen. However when I look for:

/Library/Themes/Notifier/Folders/UIKit.framework/

I do not see it in the ssh program I'm using [cyrberduck]

EDIT: i just draged the folder itsself into ssh Library/themes, and added it that way

Last edited:

HeyGreggie

Oct 13, 2011
Visit site
update, the ribbon isnt showing up, even after winterboard and resping and I did all that you said. I could include a screenshot if you like

could it be because I have "cleanstatus" enabled?

Last edited:

Massie

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
I see what you mean now...yes, that file path includes the theme folders. If you do want to use it for your clock alarms as well, just do the same thing with the RibbonAlarm attachment (unzip, drag folder to /Library/Themes, activate in WB). But then your OpenNotifier alerts and your clock alarms would be the same ribbon icon, unless you wanted to go in and change the ribbon color before SSHing the theme.

By the way, the OpenNotifier theme replaces the exclamation point only--for the ribbon to show up you need to choose the exclamation point in the ON settings. Have fun!

HeyGreggie

Oct 13, 2011
Visit site
so the ribbon has to be designated to a particular app? I just want it to show up in my status bar, however it's not. I have the folder installed [I dont want it to alarm, I just want it ON the notification bar], however when I SSH and respring it's not there. I disabled "Cleanstatus" yet it still doesnt show.

Where is the "exclamation point" in the ON settings?

sorry for being so slow.. I've been playing madden all day

when I went to Psuedo-Badges there was ONE that was "blank" with no name, I selected that" I'm rebooting now to see if that'll install the ribbon

it didnt.

Last edited:

Massie

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
Let's back up.

The Notifier.zip contains a folder called Notifier. That folder is a theme that you put into Library/Themes and then activate it in Winterboard. It is a theme for OpenNotifier, which you must have installed for the theme to do anything.

What the theme does is replace the exclamation point in OpenNotifier--so for the ribbon to show up, you have to go to Settings>OpenNotifier>Apps>and then open the apps you want notifications for. For each of those apps, choose Exclamation Point. If you don't choose the exclamation point, or choose a different icon in OpenNotifier, the theme will not replace anything.

(also, pseudo-badges do not work on iOS 5 yet.)

Massie

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
Ah, sweet success!!

One last thing you might be interested in...if you go into Settings>OpenNotifier, you can change the settings so that the OpenNotifier icons show up on the left hand side of the status bar. (So it wouldn't overlap your time anymore.) Or you could turn off one of your SMS bubbles--it looks like you have them enabled in two apps.

Massie

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
It looks like you might have intelliscreenx, no? What is the bubble with the exclamation point? If so go to settings/notifications/intelliscreenx settings and scroll down to turn off the SMS icon.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MadisonOlsen