Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree1Likes
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #26  
    iMore Genius

Global Posts
    5,023 Global Posts
    iOS Version

Hey everyone, I just realized that when I converted the wifi bars to black, they ALL got filled in completely--so even if you only had 1 bar, it still shows 3. I've corrected that in the zip attached to this post, or download it here: BlackStatusIcons

And since people seem interested, I've also attached the ribbon theme I use for my OpenNotifier notifications.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Massie; 02-25-2012 at 04:00 PM.
    iPhone Intermediate

Quote Originally Posted by Massie View Post
    Hey everyone, I just realized that when I converted the wifi bars to black, they ALL got filled in completely--so even if you only had 1 bar, it still shows 3. I've corrected that in the zip attached to this post, or download it here: BlackStatusIcons

And since people seem interested, I've also attached the ribbon theme I use for my OpenNotifier notifications.
    exactly how do I install this red ribbon for my alarms using ssh? I'd appreciate the help...
  3. Thread AuthorThread Author   #28  
    iMore Genius

Global Posts
    5,023 Global Posts
    iOS Version

Same idea as I wrote out above, but you'd use the ribbon image to replace your alarm images instead of the OpenNotifier images. The alarm images for the status bar are named:

WhiteOnBlackEtch_Alarm@2x.png
    ColorOnGrayShadow_Alarm@2x.png

So if you're going to use the entire BlackStatusIcons theme, just copy the @2x ribbons from the Notifier zip and use the images to replace the two alarm images in the BlackStatusIcons theme's UIImages folder, but give them the names of the alarm icons. Make sense?

(Or if you want ONLY the ribbons and not the rest of the theme, just unzip the attached theme folder and use that in Winterboard. That will give you one white and one red; if you want both the same color just copy the one you want and use the same color for both names.)
    Attached Files Attached Files
    iPhone Intermediate

and this works with opennotifier as well? I dont have notifier
  5. Thread AuthorThread Author   #30  
    iMore Genius

Global Posts
    5,023 Global Posts
    iOS Version

Quote Originally Posted by HeyGreggie View Post
    and this works with opennotifier as well? I dont have notifier
    I don't understand...I thought you wanted it for your alarms? If you want it for OpenNotifier (which is what I use too) just download the Notifier.zip file, unzip it, and put it into /Library/Themes and activate it in Winterboard.
    Last edited by Massie; 02-25-2012 at 06:33 PM.
    iPhone Intermediate

I don't understand...I thought you wanted it for your alarms?
    My apologies, I did want it for alarms, but I rather it just be for whatever, as I like the affect on the screen. However when I look for:

/Library/Themes/Notifier/Folders/UIKit.framework/

I do not see it in the ssh program I'm using [cyrberduck]

EDIT: i just draged the folder itsself into ssh Library/themes, and added it that way
    Last edited by HeyGreggie; 02-25-2012 at 06:32 PM.
    iPhone Intermediate

update, the ribbon isnt showing up, even after winterboard and resping and I did all that you said. I could include a screenshot if you like

could it be because I have "cleanstatus" enabled?
    Last edited by HeyGreggie; 02-25-2012 at 06:49 PM.
  8. Thread AuthorThread Author   #33  
    iMore Genius

Global Posts
    5,023 Global Posts
    iOS Version

I see what you mean now...yes, that file path includes the theme folders. If you do want to use it for your clock alarms as well, just do the same thing with the RibbonAlarm attachment (unzip, drag folder to /Library/Themes, activate in WB). But then your OpenNotifier alerts and your clock alarms would be the same ribbon icon, unless you wanted to go in and change the ribbon color before SSHing the theme.

By the way, the OpenNotifier theme replaces the exclamation point only--for the ribbon to show up you need to choose the exclamation point in the ON settings. Have fun!
    iPhone Intermediate

so the ribbon has to be designated to a particular app? I just want it to show up in my status bar, however it's not. I have the folder installed [I dont want it to alarm, I just want it ON the notification bar], however when I SSH and respring it's not there. I disabled "Cleanstatus" yet it still doesnt show.

Where is the "exclamation point" in the ON settings?

sorry for being so slow.. I've been playing madden all day

when I went to Psuedo-Badges there was ONE that was "blank" with no name, I selected that" I'm rebooting now to see if that'll install the ribbon

it didnt.
    Last edited by HeyGreggie; 02-25-2012 at 06:57 PM.
  10. Thread AuthorThread Author   #35  
    iMore Genius

Global Posts
    5,023 Global Posts
    iOS Version

Let's back up.

The Notifier.zip contains a folder called Notifier. That folder is a theme that you put into Library/Themes and then activate it in Winterboard. It is a theme for OpenNotifier, which you must have installed for the theme to do anything.

What the theme does is replace the exclamation point in OpenNotifier--so for the ribbon to show up, you have to go to Settings>OpenNotifier>Apps>and then open the apps you want notifications for. For each of those apps, choose Exclamation Point. If you don't choose the exclamation point, or choose a different icon in OpenNotifier, the theme will not replace anything.

(also, pseudo-badges do not work on iOS 5 yet.)
    iPhone Intermediate

I believe I got it. Thanks a lot!!!
  12. Thread AuthorThread Author   #37  
    iMore Genius

Global Posts
    5,023 Global Posts
    iOS Version

Ah, sweet success!!

One last thing you might be interested in...if you go into Settings>OpenNotifier, you can change the settings so that the OpenNotifier icons show up on the left hand side of the status bar. (So it wouldn't overlap your time anymore.) Or you could turn off one of your SMS bubbles--it looks like you have them enabled in two apps.
    iPhone Intermediate

How do I turn one off? I have bitesms installed that's pretty much it
  14. Thread AuthorThread Author   #39  
    iMore Genius

Global Posts
    5,023 Global Posts
    iOS Version

It looks like you might have intelliscreenx, no? What is the bubble with the exclamation point? If so go to settings/notifications/intelliscreenx settings and scroll down to turn off the SMS icon.
    iPhone Nanite

Default Re: Theme: BlackStatusIcons

anyway to get this working for ios 6? im using an iphone 5 and it doesn't work because i can't find the old stock status bar
  16. Thread AuthorThread Author   #41  
    iMore Genius

Global Posts
    5,023 Global Posts
    iOS Version

Quote Originally Posted by lbsfinest View Post
    anyway to get this working for ios 6? im using an iphone 5 and it doesn't work because i can't find the old stock status bar
    Did you try just using Winterboard? I believe most of the images have the same name still (for the changes visit this thread: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/38330/6.1_statusbar_imgs.zip ; you shouldn't need to find the status bars, just enable the theme in winterboard. http://macthemes.net/forum/viewtopic...=21&t=16812610
    iPhone Nanite

Did you try just using Winterboard? I believe most of the images have the same name still (for the changes visit this thread: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/38330/6.1_statusbar_imgs.zip ; you shouldn't need to find the status bars, just enable the theme in winterboard. MacThemes Forum • View topic - iOS 6 New, Changed and Relocated Images (Ask here!)
    activated the theme, but had to download solidstatusbarfix from cydia to get the time in black..but its the only thing in the status bar thats in black. activating Solid Status Bar in winterboard doesn't work at all.

i think i can get the other status bar icons in black with some work but it doesn't look right with a transparent status bar...and obviously it doesn't fit when i open an app and the status bar is black
    Last edited by lbsfinest; 02-09-2013 at 04:25 AM.
    iPhone Nanite

Did you try just using Winterboard? I believe most of the images have the same name still (for the changes visit this thread: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/38330/6.1_statusbar_imgs.zip ; you shouldn't need to find the status bars, just enable the theme in winterboard. MacThemes Forum • View topic - iOS 6 New, Changed and Relocated Images (Ask here!)
    this is what my status bar looks like:

Theme: BlackStatusIcons-photo-1.jpeg

Theme: BlackStatusIcons-photo-2.jpeg
    Last edited by lbsfinest; 02-09-2013 at 04:19 AM.
  19. Thread AuthorThread Author   #44  
    iMore Genius

Global Posts
    5,023 Global Posts
    iOS Version

...did you follow that link I put up to check the file names for the status bar images? Seems like you'll need to rename some. I'll take a look today but I'm guessing you just need to rename them.
    Last edited by Massie; 02-09-2013 at 09:31 AM.
  20. Thread AuthorThread Author   #45  
    iMore Genius

Global Posts
    5,023 Global Posts
    iOS Version

Okay, I opened the folder linked to above and compared it to the theme. And indeed it seems like all you need to do is open the theme and change the file names so that wherever it says "ColorOnGrayShadow" to "WhiteOnBlackShadow", which I just did. New theme zip is attached here.

BUT bear in mind that this will probably look awful--the entire reason I did this theme is gone, because Apple no longer uses the colored status bar icons on the silver bar that I wanted to replace. Additionally, they now use a different status bar that doesn't really work with black icons. So if you use this now you'll end up with icons you can see whenever you have a black status bar.

In other words I would not use my own theme on iOS 6, and don't recommend anyone else do so either. But if you'd like to try, here it is:
    BlackStatusIconsIOS6.zip
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12