Upgrade JailBreak

jonmark

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
I'm trying to talk my girlfriend through updating her iPhone 4 iOS before Apple releases a newer version and blocks the current untethered JB. She's currently running iOS 4.3.3 and she jailbroke through jailbrekame.com ... How can she back up all her apps and settings from her jailbreak and upgrade the iOS to 5.0.1 without losing the jailbreak? She said she didn't want to upgrade to 5.0.1 if it would wipe her jailbreak off, and then she'd have to re-jailbreak and start again from scratch.

I"m somewhat techy, but I don't know about basebands and all that stuff. Is there a simple way to do this? I didn't know if there was a way to upgrade the jailbreak FIRST to the redsn0w untethered and then upgrade the iOS and nothing would change jailbreak wise?

3cit

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
No she needs to update to ios 5.0.1 which will break her jailbreak, also she didn't jailbreak through jailbreakme.com if she was on 4.3.3.
There are some "cydia" backups available, though I hear they are unreliable. ALSO some of the tweaks and themes she has will not be compatible on iOS5.
It is the general consensus that when upgrading you should start with a fresh jailbreak.
So, tell her to go into itunes, to update, then to follow the guides at redmondpie.com to jailbreak her ip4 with the latest version of redsnow/absynthe

Last edited:
Reactions: jonmark

Laelipoo

Aug 11, 2010
Visit site
She would use redsnow, but yes, she has to start over, sorry to say. The small price to pay.

Beamed from a galaxy far, far away using Tapatalk!

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lakeland Ghost