MewSeek 2.7 w/iOS 5 support is out!

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
aadcep.jpg

http://mewseek.net/*
(last i checked their website has not been updated yet)

at last the much awaited app that lets you download music, and now album artwork, *plus the ability to add -to-iPod without the use of iTunes! is here again.*

14106r7.jpg

15rlgs0.jpg

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
so far, so good. i haven't found a song with album art yet

it will be later before i can see how it will behave with iTunes syncing

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
2.7-1 has been released to help fix package

2.7-2 is coming to fix freezing and some reports of crashing after add-to-iPod

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
2.7-2 is out now, has been. however, there are conflicts with Zephyr and Multiflow. fix coming in a day or two

gvndeb60

Dec 10, 2010
Visit site
What is quality of music downloaded and streaming? I am ok with $10, but not if music is bad quality, I can already stream through Grooveshark....thanks!

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
What is quality of music downloaded and streaming? I am ok with $10, but not if music is bad quality, I can already stream through Grooveshark....thanks!

quality, so far is pretty decent. can't really complain

you, and others, might want to hold off though. for the last couple of hours, up until i removed it, whenever i was in the Music.app for a while i could not exit--had to reboot. also, i was having difficulties with apps not behaving properly. once i removed MewSeek all is better

hoping that future updates will correct this..

3cit

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
So,
apart from the ability to add to music app straight from your device... Which actually kinda sucks because it then breaks your ability to REASONABLY sync with your actual iTunes's on your home computer...,
What advantage does this app have over the free music app on iTunes top 25???

rosenstar

Apr 14, 2011
Visit site
So,
apart from the ability to add to music app straight from your device... Which actually kinda sucks because it then breaks your ability to REASONABLY sync with your actual iTunes's on your home computer...,
What advantage does this app have over the free music app on iTunes top 25???

So the rumors are true; MewSync takes away your ability to sync with itunes?

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
MewSeek was out before these "free music" apps existed in the app store, i believe. this is when i was using it a lot. i also have a paid free music app from the app store i was using since iOS 5 was released. my main reason for using this now is the fact i paid for this a couple of years ago, add-to-iPod and wanted to see the addition of the album artwork feature, which it seems to be a hit & miss situation. i wish there was a way to tell if the artwork is available before the download?

glad to see stability issues appear to have been addressed. after the 2.7-3 update last night my overall stability with my device is back where it was pre-MewSeek and that is good

music that is downloaded to the device from MewSeek does not sync to iTunes when you run a typical sync with iTunes. it has to be done manually (files found here) var/mobile/Media/MewSeek/Import. which is not that much trouble, tbh. if there is an easier way i'm open for suggestions. regarding MewSeek taking away the ability to sync with iTunes; so far so good. i put that to the test this morning. so, for me, iTunes syncing works just as it did before MewSeek

i guess i will continue to use it until it gives me trouble. i've said it before and i will say it again; any app/tweak/utility that breaks my stability, goes away immediately-paid or not

would i suggest getting this Multimedia app? $10 may seem a little steep for something that can effectively be done through another app within the App store and this is why i feel MewSeek may have lost a little steam

rosenstar

Apr 14, 2011
Visit site
MewSeek was out before these "free music" apps existed in the app store, i believe. this is when i was using it a lot. i also have a paid free music app from the app store i was using since iOS 5 was released. my main reason for using this now is the fact i paid for this a couple of years ago, add-to-iPod and wanted to see the addition of the album artwork feature, which it seems to be a hit & miss situation. i wish there was a way to tell if the artwork is available before the download?

glad to see stability issues appear to have been addressed. after the 2.7-3 update last night my overall stability with my device is back where it was pre-MewSeek and that is good

music that is downloaded to the device from MewSeek does not sync to iTunes when you run a typical sync with iTunes. it has to be done manually (files found here) var/mobile/Media/MewSeek/Import. which is not that much trouble, tbh. if there is an easier way i'm open for suggestions. regarding MewSeek taking away the ability to sync with iTunes; so far so good. i put that to the test this morning. so, for me, iTunes syncing works just as it did before MewSeek

i guess i will continue to use it until it gives me trouble. i've said it before and i will say it again; any app/tweak/utility that breaks my stability, goes away immediately-paid or not

would i suggest getting this Multimedia app? $10 may seem a little steep for something that can effectively be done through another app within the App store and this is why i feel MewSeek may have lost a little steam

Good info. Just curious, what appstore apps also do this?

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
Good info. Just curious, what appstore apps also do this?

there are quite a bit if you just search free music in the App store. i use this one. keep in mind you cannot load into your native Music.app like MewSeek but you can download songs from your device using iTunes. until then it has it's own music player that you can listen all of the downloaded songs with. lol, hope that makes sense!
187c3ed5-9ced-53a0.jpg

3cit

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
I downloaded one song using mewseek, moved it to my music.app and when I tried to sync with iTunes it said "this phone is synced to another iTunes account, if you sync... Yadda yadda yadda..." so it took longer than it should have I add a few skngs because it had to sync my whole library over again

rosenstar

Apr 14, 2011
Visit site
I downloaded one song using mewseek, moved it to my music.app and when I tried to sync with iTunes it said "this phone is synced to another iTunes account, if you sync... Yadda yadda yadda..." so it took longer than it should have I add a few skngs because it had to sync my whole library over again

Oh what!? Forget that I have 4000 songs or so, that would take forever! My music app is probably my second most used app behind messages. I was kind of interested in this app, but after hearing this no way! This is a glaring issue IMO.

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site

weird. i have downloaded around 50 songs so far with MewSeek and have synced with iTunes a few times already without ANY issues

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
Also this seems to be draining my battery a little more than normal. Anyone else experiencing this?

i have not experienced any unusual battery drainage but i have read a lot of reports of it

fix coming in the next update. make sure to look for it today

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711