Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    iMore Intermediate

Default Anyone using the Cascade Tweak with infinidock?

I saw the cascade tweak in cydia and it looked cool and so I downloaded it and use it with Infinidock but
    my dock doesn't look like the pictures in Cydia. My app icons are spaced out too much and not
    bunched together giving the appearance that some app icons are behind other icons like the pics in cydia. My dock just looks like infinidock. Am I doing something wrong?

Thanks
    H_D
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    2,559 Global Posts

I had tried that combo but removed both after random reboots that put my iP4S into safe mode. My icons were spaced out also. I think if you remove cascade and leave infinidock, the icons will bunch together like what your looking for.
    www.twitter.com/YaBoiD / iPhone 6 128GB (Space Grey) -- iPad Air2 128GB LTE (Space Grey) -- iMac 27" i7, 3TB Fusion HD, 680MX 2GB -- MBA 13" i7 -- Apple TV 2 -- iPod Touch 3rd Gen 64GB -- iPod Classic 2nd Gen 30GB (Black)
  3. Thread AuthorThread Author   #3  
    iMore Intermediate

Quote Originally Posted by YaBoiD View Post
    I had tried that combo but removed both after random reboots that put my iP4S into safe mode. My icons were spaced out also. I think if you remove cascade and leave infinidock, the icons will bunch together like what your looking for.
    Funny I noticed that I was getting a ton of safemodes and had to restart Springboard. I'll take out cascade and see how it looks. The look that a few others had on their screenshots did look really cool running both tweaks.

Thanks
    iMore Genius

Global Posts
    5,020 Global Posts
    iOS Version

I use it, no problems. Make sure you don't have other dock tweaks running with it (like in Springtomize) and that you have Infinidock set to use 7 icons. And of course make its enabled in Settings, then try a respring.
    iMore Genius

Global Posts
    8,629 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    iOS 182

i am currently using Cascade and Infinidock together. i have only had two issues so far. for a while it seemed that this setup was somehow affecting the opening & closing of my folders. they would stutter, very weird, but after restoring/re-jb it seems to be fine now. 0 issues with safe mode

the other issue that i have with Cascade is the fact that since all badges appear on the upper right of the icon you have to be careful as to what icon you put on the far right of your setup. due to the fact that the right side of your screen will cut off some of the badge, which bothers me

personally i think that the 5 or 7 icons per page look the best (i use 7). as far as any spacing i have been fine with the default spacing. you can adjust your icons by going to Settings>Cascade>Angle which should help with spacing as well
  6. Thread AuthorThread Author   #6  
    iMore Intermediate

Thanks Massie and Blink. Your input did the trick..
    Great tweak.
    iPhone Intermediate

Global Posts
    210 Global Posts

I have had a problem with the icons that are supposed to be behind the one before it, actually showing up in front of the app before it. This seems to happen when I first come to the springboard either from closing an app or unlocking. It fixes itself after a second. Hadn't noticed this until the last update.
    iMore Genius

Global Posts
    8,629 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    iOS 182

agghh! after using this for a couple of days now i have noticed a slight stutter right after unlocking the LS

all is well if i remove Infinidock and [Bug Fix: Duplicate Icons, Bug Fix: Stuck Pages] i'm sure i am the only one noticing this and or bothered by it