Urgent Help !! My Phone got Locked

iphoneduffer

Feb 8, 2012
Visit site
Dear Friends and Iphone Gurus

I am in a Deep Trouble

By Mistake i have Factory Reset my Iphone 4
Now the Screen shows (as per Attached pic)
On connecting to Itunes it is saying please bring actual sim card for Unlocking
Actually its a Locked phone and i was using with Gevey
Please help me out

Regards
Duffer

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Did you ever backup your device to iCloud? If so, can you not get to a WiFi connection and restore from the cloud?

Why are you saying that it's a locked phone? What is 'Gevey'?

Just Me, D

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
Who is your cell provider? It sounds like you need to activate your iPhone so that you can then utilize the Gevey sim.

And how did you 'accidentally" factory reset your phone-excuse me for sounding skeptical here but there is no way to accidentally do that with the steps you have to go thru when it asks you and you have to tap the command to do so......

felface

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
not very clear but it sounds like you need to contact the cellular provider and get (your?) iPhone unlocked then you should be able to put one of their sims in and have it work but your specific problem about being 'locked' is unclear do you mean it was jailbroken and now you've restored and it's locked or that its been barred by the carrier

Massie

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
This doesn't have to mean it's a stolen phone...wouldn't any phone have this issue if it was updated without preserving the baseband? I'm on an official carrier so don't deal with unlocks often, but it seems like this would be pretty normal if you weren't careful about preserving your baseband, wouldn't it? (For instance: say I bought a jailbroken iP4 when it was still on 4.3.3 and was using a Gevey sim for an unlock--would updating to a stock iOS 5 break that unlock?)

ckalli

May 11, 2011
Visit site
i think ur screwed..!!!

*unless u have the shsh for 4.3.3 (in which case use tiny umbrella and restore)

otherwise when u restore u will go to 5.0.1 with the latest baseband ( which gevey doesnt support)

u can restore to 5.0.1 then jailbreak.. which will let u use it as an ipod.
as for using an unauthorized sim.. u will need to wait for a gevey update.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2