What are your favorite Activator actions?
03-29-2015 12:15 AM
- Rene RitchieEditorial DirectorI started playing around with Activator the other day and quickly realized there was a lot of really cool stuff you could set up with it. I was wondering if anyone here had any favorite Activator actions, any set ups that were especially cool, functional, and time saving that they'd be willing to share?
What are your go-tos, your must-haves, your can't-live-withouts for Activator?02-07-2012 12:35 PM
- Swipe status bar left for backgrounder and status bar right for multiflow.
Hold home button to post to twitter account linked with iPhone.
Hold volume up for twitkafly. (post an instant tweet to a different twitter account than the iPhone linked account. Or Facebook too)02-07-2012 02:07 PM
- I don't think any of mine are especially innovative, but I couldn't imagine my phone without them:
Statusbar Swipe Left: SBSettings (also Swipe Up From Bottom Left for Lockscreen)
Statusbar Swipe Right: Messages+ Quick Compose (also Swipe Up From Bottom Right for Lockscreen)
Statusbar Swipe Down: IntelliScreenX
Statusbar Double Tap: Open Camera
Statusbar Hold: Show currently playing song info via NowListening
Press Both: Safe Mode (nice to have a back door in case of trouble)
Up and Hold: Take Screenshot
Home Button Triple Press: Compose Tweet
(I'll probably change this, but that's where it's at for now)
I may also explore the idea of using Activator to just launch a custom menu...so instead of having all those different Statusbar swipes, I would just have one swipe that would bring up a menu with those different options. Not sure I'd stay with that, but it's an interesting option.02-07-2012 07:20 PM
- I have swipe from bottom and swipe from right go to multifl0w, but that might still do something in an app depending on what app I'm in, so I also have double click goto multifl0w. Double click from lock screen opens camera, and triple click from lock screen, or swipe from above in lock screen opens flashlight. I might have some others set up too, activator is a very useful tweak.02-07-2012 08:28 PM
- 1) when I swipe right across the status bar my multi tasking bar pops up.
2) when I double tap the status bar my CallBar dialer pops up.
That's all I have for now but activator has made using an iPhone soo much easier. It should be default with every iPhone.
Sent from my Jailbroken Facebook Machine using Tapatalk02-11-2012 12:25 PM
- Swipe left/right across status bar - SBSettings
Swipe up from bottom - Zephyr multitask
Double tap home button (home screen/in app) - multifl0w
Double tap home button (lock screen) - iPod functions
Short hold volume up - next track
Short hold volume down - previous track
Triple tap home button (lock screen) - voice control
Double tap sleep button - springflash
Last edited by spyPhone; 02-11-2012 at 06:33 PM.02-11-2012 06:11 PM
- First post!
I'm fresh in from webOS, may it rest in peace. Got a 4S on Sprint and jailbroke on day 3 or 4.
Activator is awesome and while I'm only 3 or 4 days into jailbreak, so far I've got it configures thusly:
-Triple tap home unlocks or if phone is already unlocked activates M+ courtesy of IntelliscreenX.
-Double click 'on/off' turns flashlight on/off
-Double tap home activates multiflow (which I have configured to expose, not cardview, despite coming from webOS! Ha!)
-Single tap home also launches multiflow when at the home screen.
-Swipe in from left launches camera
-Swipe in from right activates last app
-Short hold volume up activates music controls. This behaves really interestingly. If I do NOT have music already playing or paused, it launches the music app. If I DO have music playing or paused it brings up the little controls at the bottom of the screen (forgive me, don't know my iPhone terminology yet). Anyway. I like the way this behaves.
-I left the default swipe the status bar to activate sbsettings, but that's subject to change as I more often access settings from the Intelliscreen top drawer.
Anyway. Diggin' it. And I'll withhold my big webOS vs. iOS tirade for now. I do have some ideas for Activator though. It (kinda) reminds me of Mode Switcher from the webOS homebrew scene, which in my opinion is an equally remarkable piece of programming (but much more difficult to use than activator). Let's see, I'm new so I'm guessing it won't let me post links right? Here goes: http:/ /ww w.webos-internals.o rg/wiki/Application:ModeSwitcher
Anyway. I think it could be said that Activator, much like Mode Switcher, works with triggers and effects. Triple tapping home triggers M+. The things is, with Activator all the triggers are manual, physical input: "tap that to do action x" "swipe this to do action y". I wonder if the dev has considered triggers that DON'T involve physical input, such as "When phone becomes connected to wifi SSID A, perform action B" or "At so-and-so o'clock perform action C". Just a thought. Is there anything like that that already exists for iOS?
Anyway some more... Didn't set out for my first post to be a novel. I expect a few TL;DR responses, heh. But it's safe to say I'm enjoying my sexy new iPhone and that I'm glad this community exists, because I've already learned a lot from it even before my first post.
Last edited by Psychonaut; 02-20-2012 at 10:47 PM.02-20-2012 10:44 PM
- First post!
I wonder if the dev has considered triggers that DON'T involve physical input, such as "When phone becomes connected to wifi SSID A, perform action B" or "At so-and-so o'clock perform action C". Just a thought. Is there anything like that that already exists for iOS?02-25-2012 01:58 AM
- -double click status bar for multi flow (home)
-double click sleep button for spring flash (anywhere)
-swipe status bar to the left for insta url (home)
-swipe status bar to the right for SBS settings (home)
-swipe down from status bar left hand side for FB (home)
-swipe down from status bar right hand side for my bank account (home)
-hold sleep button for my camera app (anywhere)
-double tap clock from lock screen to bring up Shazam
A little secret is to not fill up all your activator options at once. Do a few and use them until you get really proficient with them then add some more. If you add a lot at once more than likely you will forget you have some. These are how I have my activator set up. I love it and I believe it to be one of the "must haves" on a jailbroken iphone.03-12-2012 02:42 PM
- Swipe up from bottom center - home button
Swipe up from left/right corner - multitasking
Shake at homescreen - remove all active apps
Double tap status bar - lock device
Swipe left to right on status bar - SBSettings
Swipe right to left on status bar - Voice activator
Flip ringer switch twice - voice activator
Voice activator - launch all apps, tell me time/date/battery, respring/reboot/kill apps04-15-2012 04:22 AM
- Since there seem to be a lot of new jailbreakers around lately, I thought I'd mention again that setting an Activator action for Safe Mode is a good idea. Use one that relies on hardwareflicking Mute twice, or pressing both Volume buttons at oncein case your screen is unresponsive. You'll probably never use it, but it could be very helpful if you ever run into a jailbreak-related issue.04-15-2012 08:08 AMLike 5
- I just jailbroke yesterday, and I am absolutely loving activator!
I have a few menus set up with my favorite apps
Favorites: accessed by holding the home button anywhere
It has all of my most used apps as well as my other menus.
Photography: Swipe left on status bar
really quick acces to my camera, instagram, and pictures
Jailbreak: In my favorites menu
All of my jailbroken apps
Other gesture/button activatvations:
- Swipe right on status bar to reveal Music controls
- hold status bar to launch switcher
- Slide right on lock screen to open the phone app
- Swipe left on lock to open music
- swipe down on lock screen to open weather
- double tap time and date on lock screen to open up contacts (Weird, but quick and easy.)
I'm still adding new stuff
Update: 5 days after posting this, most of the list above has changed lol
Last edited by MrJDCurtis; 05-31-2012 at 09:35 PM.05-26-2012 12:59 PM
- Apple Software & Systems
- Jailbreaking, Unlocking, Hacks, Themes & Mods
What are your favorite Activator actions?
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD