Jailbreaked my iPhone 4... it might be bricked now 3:

SkapN

Feb 6, 2012
Visit site
So, yesterday, while laying in my bed I figured I wanted to jailbreak my iphone. "Ohh, those sweet themes look so awesome", I thought. And so they were. But in the midst of it, i installed both Dreamboard and Winterboard(cause I thought I needed winterboard for my lock screen that came with the theme), and then I ****ed up. Basically, having those applications together was no problem, but while running my Dreamboard theme, I decided to go and fiddle with the winterboard settings, and I think I attempted to activate a winterboard theme, or at least a feature. This is were everything went wrong. My iphone just froze, nothing happened. So I decided to reboot and see what happened. Once again, nothing. It starts up, then the screen goes black and that little loading bar turns up(as in the one you see when you're using your iphone and it runs out of battery life), with the phone vibrating every 5-ish seconds.

I'm desperate now. I've tried to restore it and whatever the ****, but I keep getting error 1601/2/3/4 when attempting to do such :/ Please help me, I don't want my phone to be bricked like this 3:

derk

Jun 10, 2009
Visit site
Are you able to set your iPhone in DFU mode?

If you were able to do that, then also make sure you don't have tinyumbrella, firewall software that would be causing your machine to not validate the firmware restore with Apple servers.

SkapN

Feb 6, 2012
Visit site
It's fixed now :D
Turns out tinyumbrella was messing with my hosts file. I knew that before I made this post, but I never got specific errors telling me that iTunes couldn't connect to Apple's servers(1601 etc), rather I was told to switch USB ports, reinstall iTunes and so on. But now that I fixed that with tinyumbrella the phone is back to its normal, and I'm gonna jailbreak it again ;) Just gonna be a bit more careful when messing with themes this time lol :p

neur0tk

Dec 12, 2011
Visit site
Glad to hear that you got it working :) I would stick with either Winterboard or Dreamboard not both on your phone just asking for trouble :) I like Winterboard

Sent from my iPhone 4s

SkapN

Feb 6, 2012
Visit site
Yeah, agreed. Dreamboard seems to have nicer looking themes, while winterboard seems to be a lot smoother and not as laggy as Dream is.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2