To jailbreak or not to jailbreak

babytigger88

Oct 12, 2011
Visit site
I have had every iPhone that has come out. I've heard about people jail breaking their phones but I never did it. I have been told about some pretty cool stuff you can do on a jail broken phone. Is it worth it to jailbreak or should I leave it the way it is? What are some pros and cons to jail breaking?

andrewshah

Nov 3, 2011
Visit site
Definitely!
There are many beautiful themes.
Endless tweaks...
SB settings (Common settings such as WIFI, Brightness, GPS, ect in the notification panel)
3g Unrestrictor (Allows you to use apps/features on 3g such as FaceTime, App downloads over 20mb, ect)
Springtomize 2 (Endless tweaks for your homescreen, very cool!!)

Reasons not to jailbreak
Voids warranty
You risk making your device unstable

Definitely make a backup before jailbreaking, that way you can always go back to an unjailbroken state via iTunes Restore.

andrewshah

Nov 3, 2011
Visit site
And of course, I haven't even scratched the surface of all you can do with a Jailbroken iPhone!
Look up videos on youtube...search for Top jailbreak tweaks 2012, Top winterboard themes 2012, ect...

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
honestly, you may want to just update to iOS 5.0.1, for now, and mess with that for a little bit. 4.x.x sucks, IMHO

..then make the jump to jailbreak if you still feel like it

elitegamer767

Jan 21, 2012
Visit site
honestly, you may want to just update to iOS 5.0.1, for now, and mess with that for a little bit. 4.x.x sucks, IMHO

..then make the jump to jailbreak if you still feel like it

+1 iOS 5 is amazing compared to ios 4..

Sent from my ? iPhone 4S using Tapatalk ?

Brickman

Nov 28, 2008
Visit site
I don't see as many reasons to JB anymore with iOS5.0. That being said...I just JB last night! ? Just wanted to play around a bit. There are a ton of cool Tweaks you can do! You can waste hours tweaking things!

JB is nice and is fun but it is not as big a "have todo" anymore. IMVHO.

K.J

Apr 4, 2011
Visit site
I don't see as many reasons to JB anymore with iOS5.0. That being said...I just JB last night! ? Just wanted to play around a bit. There are a ton of cool Tweaks you can do! You can waste hours tweaking things!

JB is nice and is fun but it is not as big a "have todo" anymore. IMVHO.

+1

But the tweaks really make it a great device

pilsbury

Aug 8, 2010
Visit site
Having an non jailbroken 4 or 4S is like having a Porsche 911 and driving it 50 mph all the time. For me, the jailbreak opens up a another world of possibilities for your device. I've had 4 JB iPhones and a JB iPad and have had only one instance where I had a problem. I simply did a restore via iTunes and set it back to factory settings.

babytigger88

Oct 12, 2011
Visit site
Ok. Now with all that being said I have a 16GB iPad 2 just wifi. Can I jailbreak that or do I have to have wifi+3G? It would be cool to be able to do that as well as my phone

NYC718

Aug 23, 2009
Visit site
Ok. Now with all that being said I have a 16GB iPad 2 just wifi. Can I jailbreak that or do I have to have wifi+3G? It would be cool to be able to do that as well as my phone

Yup, you could jailbreak the iPad 2 wifi as well as the wifi + 3G by using the greenpois0n tool called "Absinthe", which can be found at Greenpois0n.com

elitegamer767

Jan 21, 2012
Visit site
Jailbreaking isn't worth it at all for what? A few customisations and free apps if you can't afford the apps how did you acquire an iPhone in the first place? It just makes your device unstable I know I will get some haters here but it's my point of view it's piracy and yes you have purchased the hardware but think about it apple owns the software and your modifying it I pray for the day apple can tell you have jailbroken even after restore ;-)

3cit

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
Jailbreaking isn't worth it at all for what? A few customisations and free apps if you can't afford the apps how did you acquire an iPhone in the first place? It just makes your device unstable I know I will get some haters here but it's my point of view it's piracy and yes you have purchased the hardware but think about it apple owns the software and your modifying it I pray for the day apple can tell you have jailbroken even after restore ;-)

Dude serious? some piracy happens because of jailbreaks, no arguments... But NOTHING ABOUT THE JAILBREAK ITSELF is piracy... That's like saying installing software on your home computer is piracy...
Also "a few customizations"... There are no two jailbroken idevices alike... 5million jailbreaks, 5 million different setups...
Some of the smallest things make the biggest difference... Cyntact. Now listening. Sbsettings. It's absurd how much more function some tweaks add to the iPhone.

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
Jailbreaking isn't worth it at all for what? A few customisations and free apps if you can't afford the apps how did you acquire an iPhone in the first place? It just makes your device unstable I know I will get some haters here but it's my point of view it's piracy and yes you have purchased the hardware but think about it apple owns the software and your modifying it

so you are speaking from your own experience and applying it to ALL? perfect. anything else you'd like to teach us today? any novice jailbreaker will eventually find out what to do and what not to do regarding any instability. do YOU honestly think we all strive to run around with unstable devices?

i agree. jailbreaking is indeed a gateway to piracy but it does not mean everyone is doing it either. you will find that most of your big name developers out there dislike it and discourage jailbreakers from doing it

I pray for the day apple can tell you have jailbroken even after restore ;-)

and what will this do for you personally? i am interested to hear this one..

please make note that i am not hating because honestly i could care less if i am jailbroken or not. i just wish people would look at both sides before they start spewing from the mouth

elitegamer767

Jan 21, 2012
Visit site
so you are speaking from your own experience and applying it to ALL? perfect. anything else you'd like to teach us today? any novice jailbreaker will eventually find out what to do and what not to do regarding any instability. do YOU honestly think we all strive to run around with unstable devices?

i agree. jailbreaking is indeed a gateway to piracy but it does not mean everyone is doing it either. you will find that most of your big name developers out there dislike it and discourage jailbreakers from doing it

and what will this do for you personally? i am interested to hear this one..

please make note that i am not hating because honestly i could care less if i am jailbroken or not. i just wish people would look at both sides before they start spewing from the mouth

I look at both sides? I was jail broken now I ain't lol

babytigger88

Oct 12, 2011
Visit site
I don't mean to sound so clueless about this but I'm just tryin to get some insight into what I'm probably gonna do. Do you lose any features like Siri or anything? I don't think this is piracy. It's something apple should look onto tho. All the options it provides could be a good thing for them. I know a few people who have done it and said nothing but good things about it. Also what's a good program to use? I was told about red snow. Any advise on that?

elitegamer767

Jan 21, 2012
Visit site
I don't mean to sound so clueless about this but I'm just tryin to get some insight into what I'm probably gonna do. Do you lose any features like Siri or anything? I don't think this is piracy. It's something apple should look onto tho. All the options it provides could be a good thing for them. I know a few people who have done it and said nothing but good things about it. Also what's a good program to use? I was told about red snow. Any advise on that?

Depends on what firmware and model you have write back I'll give you the name of program :)