Hack/Tweak to "Mark Message Unread"?
02-03-2012 01:14 AM
- I'm tired of unlocking my iPhone, and it auto-opening my new messages, which causes them to be marked as read, and then forgetting I had "read" the message.
Is there a tweak that will allow me to make the iMessage as "unread" again? I find myself making myself reminders with siri just so that I don't forget to text the person back after I finish what I am doing...
Thanks in advance!02-01-2012 07:19 PM
- Messages+ also lets you decide if using the unlock slider does anything...but you shouldn't need anything, really. Here is standard iOS behavior when a message arrives while the phone is locked:
-use notification icon in popup for Slide to Reply, message opens and is marked read.
-use large slider at bottom for Slide to Reply, message opens and is marked read.
- do nothing and let phone lock again or press sleep button: the next time you wake the phone the slider will once again say Slide to Unlock; unlocking will neither open your message nor mark it read. If you have badges enabled the Messages icon will be badged.
In other words, messages are only opened and marked read when you use the Slide to REPLY optionwhich rightly assumes you are unlocking to deal with the message.
Like I said, you can turn that off with Messages+, but to me it sounds like your phone is working as designed.02-02-2012 11:11 AM
- In other words, messages are only opened and marked read when you use the Slide to REPLY option—which rightly assumes you are unlocking to deal with the message.
Like I said, you can turn that off with Messages+, but to me it sounds like your phone is working as designed.
I dont know why, but a lot of the time my device will open the new message when I unlock from the bottom. But the message isn't as important as what I had unlocked with the intention of doing so I forget about it.
And I have tested this on other iPhones as well.02-02-2012 02:53 PM
- But if you look at that slider when a message arrives, you'll see that it changes to Slide to Reply. In that case both the notification slider AND the large slider will open the message. After the screen goes dark it returns to Slide to Unlock. Try it.
The situation you describe is the second one I described in my last post: use large slider with Slide to Reply=open message.
Last edited by Massie; 02-02-2012 at 04:08 PM.02-02-2012 04:02 PM
- You should check out Ipsum and Lorem...two tweaks that let you dismiss notifications from the lockscreen without erasing the icon badge. So with Ipsum if a notification comes in you just do a quick swipe right/swipe left and the notification is gone but you'll still get it in your Notification Center as unread and as an icon badge if you want. Lorem does the same thing but only for notifications in the drop down Notification Center. You still couldn't just swipe the unlock bar (and for the record I agree that that bar shouldn't open the message) but it's a start:
I think what you'd really like, though is Keep Text New...but I'm not sure if it works on iOS 5, and it only works with the default messages app if that's a concern. Hope that helps!
Last edited by Massie; 02-02-2012 at 09:42 PM.02-02-2012 09:36 PM
- Yes I love Lorem and Ipsum! Although Ipsum has problems with Copic (it makes the phone freeze and reboot)
But that is a smart practice, I will used Lorem to dismiss the text then unlock the screen.
And I totally wish that app was compatible though.. Just tried it but no dice.02-03-2012 01:14 AM
- Apple Software & Systems
- Jailbreaking, Unlocking, Hacks, Themes & Mods
Hack/Tweak to "Mark Message Unread"?
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD