Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    iPhone Intermediate

Global Posts
    1,576 Global Posts
    iOS Version

Default Siri keyboard

Do cydia devs come here at all? I want to request tweaks, but [don't] necessarily want to sign up for more forums.

It would be cool if a keyboard pops up underneath the Siri button, so you could type to Siri if you were trying to be quiet. It would also be cool if this would combine Siri and spotlight search. I'd use this implementation of spotlight search because there isn't a spotlight search in the os7:revive theme, and it would make it easier to get to a rarely used app quickly.
    Last edited by Patricksmangann; 01-29-2012 at 09:24 AM.
    iMore Intermediate

Quote Originally Posted by Patricksmangann View Post
    Do cydia devs come here at all? I want to request tweaks, but necessaroly want to sign up for more forums.

It would be cool if a keyboard popes up underneath the Siri button, you you could type to Siri if you were trying to be quiet. It would also be cool if this would combine Siri and spotlight search. I'd use this implementation of spotlit search because there isn't a spotlight search in the os7:revive theme, and it would make it easier to get to a rarely used app quickly.
    Why would you want a keyboard for Siri? Wouldn't it be easier to just navigate to the action? Even if it's something you commonly use, you could just use activator.
  3. Thread AuthorThread Author   #3  
    iPhone Intermediate

Global Posts
    1,576 Global Posts
    iOS Version

It's because Siri can do so much, especially with the Siri tweaks I've added http://forums.imore.com/jailbreak-un...tweaks-jb.html

So, the idea of the keyboard is that if I summon Siri, the voice recognition would all ready be on, which is fastest for if I want to speak, but the keyboard would also be all ready there for if I don't want to speak. And i imagine that adding spotlight search to Siri would only work if you type? I wouldnt need this for frequently needed apps, cause in the os7:revive theme, I've all ready pinned those to my start menu.
  4. Thread AuthorThread Author   #4  
    iPhone Intermediate

Global Posts
    1,576 Global Posts
    iOS Version

Also, we need a tweak for Siri that has her confirm before placing a call. Too many accidental calls when what Siri thought I said was far from what I said. I have a call confirmation tweak from cydia installed but it doesn't apply to Siri, so one for Siri would be nice.
    iMore Intermediate

Also, we need a tweak for Siri that has her confirm before placing a call. Too many accidental calls when what Siri thought I said was far from what I said. I have a call confirmation tweak from cydia installed but it doesn't apply to Siri, so one for Siri would be nice.
    This I do agree and would use.
    iMore Intermediate

So, the idea of the keyboard is that if I summon Siri, the voice recognition would all ready be on, which is fastest for if I want to speak, but the keyboard would also be all ready there for if I don't want to speak. And i imagine that adding spotlight search to Siri would only work if you type? I wouldnt need this for frequently needed apps, cause in the os7:revive theme, I've all ready pinned those to my start menu.
    I still don't get this... Maybe the theme your using is not easy to navigate? If I don't want to search for something on the springboard, I just spotlight search. There are tweaks you can get for spotlight search that do math for you, search google for you, go to a website for you, etc, all through the spotlight search. Would that solve your problem?
  7. Thread AuthorThread Author   #7  
    iPhone Intermediate

Global Posts
    1,576 Global Posts
    iOS Version

Quote Originally Posted by rosenstar View Post
    I still don't get this... Maybe the theme your using is not easy to navigate? If I don't want to search for something on the springboard, I just spotlight search. There are tweaks you can get for spotlight search that do math for you, search google for you, go to a website for you, etc, all through the spotlight search. Would that solve your problem?
    My theme (os7:revive) doesn't have spotlight search, so integrating spotlight with Siri would be the best solution for me to get it.

Just adding a keyboard to Siri would be cool also. I'd install that tweak even if it don't come with spotlight. I'd pay for spotlight integration.
    iMore Intermediate

My theme (os7:revive) doesn't have spotlight search, so integrating spotlight with Siri would be the best solution for me to get it.
    Ahhh this makes sense. Maybe send an email/tweet to the os7:revive dev to see if he can somehow integrate spotlight into the theme?
  9. Thread AuthorThread Author   #9  
    iPhone Intermediate

Global Posts
    1,576 Global Posts
    iOS Version

Quote Originally Posted by rosenstar View Post
    Ahhh this makes sense. Maybe send an email/tweet to the os7:revive dev to see if he can somehow integrate spotlight into the theme?
    Did. I don't know [how] fast that theme is being iterated. If more devs know that I'd pay for it, it might be more likely that someone will get aroud to coding it. Thanks for the suggestion though.
    Last edited by Patricksmangann; 02-09-2012 at 11:02 AM.