Lockinfo vs IntelliscreenX

derk

Jun 10, 2009
Visit site
I know Ally just posted a video yesterday comparing these 2 programs. I installed IntelliscreenX as a trial version couple of days ago. I didn't like it. I own my3g and mywi and dig it. I also tested out tlert back in iOS4 days and was impressed. Messages+ doesn't seem so great compared to BiteSms which I already own.

In my opinion, I think lockinfo has more flexibility with lockscreen, homescreen, infoshade and notification center modes. Lockinfo also seems to work better with the free widget plugins on cydia that normally work with notification center. I had more safe mode crashes using these widgets with Intelliscreenx and virtually none with Lockinfo.

Anyhow, I am purchasing Lockinfo instead.

Sent from my jailbroken iPhone 4S using Tapatalk

Massie

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
Interesting...I was a Lockinfo diehard for years, but the iOS 5 versions have been buggy for me (granted some of those were the beta versions where bugginess is expected). In contrast, ISX has been pretty much bug-free for me since day one--which I was not expecting at all.

The fact that it comes with a built in messaging app is a bonus too--and again, I was a Bite diehard for years, and while it is still a great app, I came to realize that it actually did more than I needed. I really only ever used the Quick Compose/Quick Reply features, and with Bite I really missed the ability to add a photo via QC--it was a drag that to send a picture I always had to unlock my phone and actually open the app. It was actually only today that they finally added that feature.

At any rate: I think we can all agree that they're all pretty incredible apps, and wonderful examples of what makes jailbreaking so great. Each has something to offer!

3cit

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
A point to the bitesms finally getting mms for qc/qr, it's pretty terrible at the moment!!! Also am I
Missing something or is lock info ALWAYS on the lock screen? Like there is now way to hide it? That's why I don't have lock info... I want to be able dismiss it and have just my lockscreen...

Massie

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
When I used Lockinfo I had Lockscreen=OFF but had Infoshade at Lockscreen=ON, which let me pull down the Infoshade from the statusbar on my lockscreen. This was broken in a few of the later betas (which incidentally was one of the main factors in getting me to try ISX), but I'd assume Ashman fixed it by now.

derk

Jun 10, 2009
Visit site
Interesting...I was a Lockinfo diehard for years, but the iOS 5 versions have been buggy for me (granted some of those were the beta versions where bugginess is expected). In contrast, ISX has been pretty much bug-free for me since day one--which I was not expecting at all.

The fact that it comes with a built in messaging app is a bonus too--and again, I was a Bite diehard for years, and while it is still a great app, I came to realize that it actually did more than I needed. I really only ever used the Quick Compose/Quick Reply features, and with Bite I really missed the ability to add a photo via QC--it was a drag that to send a picture I always had to unlock my phone and actually open the app. It was actually only today that they finally added that feature.

At any rate: I think we can all agree that they're all pretty incredible apps, and wonderful examples of what makes jailbreaking so great. Each has something to offer!

You make good points about ISX, Lockinfo, Messages+ and Bitesms. I like in Lockinfo that I can have different configurations for Homescreen, Lockscreen, Infoshade and Notification Center. I only use Lockscreen and Infoshade=Notification Center. For ISX, I wanted to have a different lock screen look to Notification center look. I like Tlert better than Messages+. BiteSMS has been buggy but they keep coming out with updated versions quite quickly. Also, lockinfo seems to work better with widgets and plugins than ISX.

But like you said, it's great we have options. I reserve the right to go to ISX if Lockinfo disappoints me down the road.

Sharma15

Oct 24, 2011
Visit site
IntelliscreenX has the advantage for me. I love not having to open my phone to send texts, check emails,twitter, rss, and facebook. Also it's just a lot cleaner looking. He only thing that can make it better is if it had. Widget that allowed to change music a d show album art from lock screen.

wiskywarlord

Jan 27, 2012
Visit site
I personally don't like all my info showing in the lock screen, paranoia i guess. IntelliScreenX has a better ui if ur just going to use it for notification center.

Bias X

Aug 2, 2011
Visit site
Never really was a fan of lock info.
The fact that ISX lets me space my things out across different screens is nice.
I especially like that i can compose and reply to tweets on Twitter and like and comment on facebook.
Messages+ will always top biteSMS for one reason for me. I don't want two different messaging apps. Its bad enough that i have a folder of 8 stock apps that i can't get rid of. I don't want to add more.
Messages+ does everything i need it to do, which is quick compose from anywhere on my phone and quick reply anywhere on my phone. Plus its only in its beta. I'm sure there will be some new features along the way sooner or later.

I will admit that ISX doesn't play well with other lock notification tweaks, but not enough for me to hate it. The latest update that came to ISX fixed most of my issues. Which was it always crashing the springboard with favorites or music center for notifications. I haven't had any issues for quite sometime now.

derk

Jun 10, 2009
Visit site
I personally don't like all my info showing in the lock screen, paranoia i guess. IntelliScreenX has a better ui if ur just going to use it for notification center.

In lockinfo, you can disable lockscreen, homescreen, infoshade and just keep notification center active.

derk

Jun 10, 2009
Visit site
I am sure that the quality of both programs will stay good because Lockinfo and IntelliscreenX compete.

3cit

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
Thanks (AGAIN) to massie... I have lock info back, doing exactly what I want!!!! I. M. H. O. It's better than isx because it isn't so overbearing... You can do everything on it, so it's like it's very own operating system....
The only thing I want now, and I only want it because I'm obsessed with tweaking my phone, is for lockinfo To allow bitesms as the native message application for its info shade...

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
can anyone confirm if Popup Blocker with LockInfo works completely?

nevermind, just checked Cydia and it looks like Ashman just updated the standalone version today! FINALLY!

Last edited:

Laelipoo

Aug 11, 2010
Visit site
Thanks (AGAIN) to massie... I have lock info back, doing exactly what I want!!!! I. M. H. O. It's better than isx because it isn't so overbearing... You can do everything on it, so it's like it's very own operating system....
The only thing I want now, and I only want it because I'm obsessed with tweaking my phone, is for lockinfo To allow bitesms as the native message application for its info shade...

Set the bitesms quick compose as the option under SMS and favorites and you can.

Beamed from a galaxy far, far away using Tapatalk!

3cit

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
Set the bitesms quick compose as the option under SMS and favorites and you can.

Beamed from a galaxy far, far away using Tapatalk!

Yeah, but I want to have the messages plugin receive notification on the info shade... I gave favorites setup to quick compose in bite, but the messages only works with ops native messaging A. T. M.
However, I only want this "just because", since bites notifications are already perfect... Anywho... On a personal note, are you having issues loading images from this forum using Tapatalk? I can't seem to load images anymore? I get a box with a question mark, and then an error message... Wondering if it has to do with the iMore / tipb name discrepancy...

j7469

Jul 2, 2009
Visit site
I use both, LockInfo for my lock screen and IntelliscreenX as a notification center enhancer. For me the ability to remote lock my lost iPhone to get LockInfo to stop showing my data is why I will always use that on my lock screen.

Iphonemd

Dec 7, 2011
Visit site
It seems that intelliscreen and lock info work together integrate quite a bit. Just can't figure out how best to integrate them and which controls which.

derk

Jun 10, 2009
Visit site
It seems that intelliscreen and lock info work together integrate quite a bit. Just can't figure out how best to integrate them and which controls which.

That would be too confusing for me to do.

Sent from my jailbroken iPhone 4S using Tapatalk

estorm09

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
Yeah I keep going back and forth I really like isx but like others have said I wish when tweeting or posting to Facebook from the lock screen it would ask for the password. The look of isx is whats keeping it the main one for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk