Help with Jailbreak-Absinthe crashes

djg21

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site
I'm trying to jailbreak my iPhone 4s with Absinthe. I am running 64-bit Windows 7.

When I run Absinthe following the step-by-step instructions at Step-By-Step Guide to Jailbreak iPad 2 Using Absinthe For Windows [iOS 5.0.1 / iOS 5], the process starts, and makes it past the point where the phone reboots.

Then, Absinthe reports that it is "Preparing jailbreak data." But after a few minutes, I get a Windows error message stating that Absinthe has stopped working and is being shut down.

I tried 3-4 times with the same result. I've made sure Absinthe runs with administrative rights.

I've restored my iPhone from a backup, but would like to jailbreak. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks in advance.

derk

Jun 10, 2009
Visit site
I'm trying to jailbreak my iPhone 4s with Absinthe. I am running 64-bit Windows 7.

When I run Absinthe following the step-by-step instructions at Step-By-Step Guide to Jailbreak iPad 2 Using Absinthe For Windows [iOS 5.0.1 / iOS 5], the process starts, and makes it past the point where the phone reboots.

Then, Absinthe reports that it is "Preparing jailbreak data." But after a few minutes, I get a Windows error message stating that Absinthe has stopped working and is being shut down.

I tried 3-4 times with the same result. I've made sure Absinthe runs with administrative rights.

I've restored my iPhone from a backup, but would like to jailbreak. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks in advance.

1)Make sure Windows firewall is disabled as a service as well as any 3rd party security software.

2)Try another USB port

3)Latest version of iTunes 10.5.3 is installed but not running.

4)Also try running XP compatibility mode.

Sent from my jailbroken iPhone 4S using Tapatalk

djg21

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site
1)Make sure Windows firewall is disabled as a service as well as any 3rd party security software.

2)Try another USB port

3)Latest version of iTunes 10.5.3 is installed but not running.

4)Also try running XP compatibility mode.

Sent from my jailbroken iPhone 4S using Tapatalk

Thanks.

I installed Absinthe on my deskto PC and it worked fine. Don't know what the difference was -- both machines are set up the same and have the very same software installed. But my 4S is jailbroken!:D

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR