Random apps appearing?

Lenerdosy

Oct 11, 2011
Visit site
I was downloading some app from cydia and the app store with a buddy since I'm bored, go through my screens and see some random white apps I've never seen before. Anyone know what they are for? Also got a random message+ icon that does nothing when I click it.

32403e1c-8cca-368d.jpg

Rockdog97

Oct 14, 2011
Visit site
I get this sometimes as well. Usually when I download a new font, but it happened a little bit ago when I was trying to download a "tap to unlock" theme and Cydia kept hanging up. then I saw all these icons...

I rebooted and they went away...:confused:

jpdaballa

Nov 8, 2011
Visit site
i had this problem yesterday but then i googled it and this is what fixed it for me

1. Show SBSettings Icon on Springboard
2. Show Activator Icon on Springboard.

For SBSettings: Swipe Top Status Bar - More - Show Icon

For Activator: Settings - Activator - Show on Sprigboard

dunn.brian

Dec 12, 2010
Visit site
Those are the hidden system applications of iOS.

Setup - the welcome to iPhone screen you get when you set up a new iPhone
FieldTest - accessible through the phone app, it displays information about the cell towers
iOS Diagnostics - Used by Apple store employees to gather information about your iPhone, usually at the genius bar
AdSheet - I am unaware, most likely to do with iAds.

They are normal apps on all iPhones, they are just usually hidden. Cydia installs applications into the same place system apps are stored, so I believe they just happen to show up.

Just respring and they should go away.

Thanks,
Brian

Reactions: Rockdog97

3cit

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
I have same issue... Also I have sbsettings icon and activator icon on my springboard, so that fix does not work...

MacRulez4Ever

Dec 6, 2011
Visit site
I was downloading some app from cydia and the app store with a buddy since I'm bored, go through my screens and see some random white apps I've never seen before. Anyone know what they are for? Also got a random message+ icon that does nothing when I click it.

Click to view quoted image

Just disable messages+ in intelliscreenx Quick sms option and set Apples sms as default!

Sent from my iPhone 4s using Tapatalk

Michmeister

Nov 15, 2011
Visit site
Inpulse theme is much better then intelliscreen (no bugs) and has a nicer drop down notification center.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2