warranty questions

teach1love

Dec 16, 2011
Visit site
I have had my Iphone for the last month and just JB'ed this weekend (come from WebOS where I homebrewed). My wife is deathly afraid of if something happens to my phone and I have to take it in. Yes, I am aware the JB voids the warranty but I was curious as to any discretion the Apple Store people have in terms of honoring the warranty with a JB?? Another question, I backed up via ITunes before the JB on my IMac but cant find it anywhere; where is the back-up located? And if I backed up after a JB, does it override the pre-JB back-up?? thanks for any answers!!

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
JB doesn't void your warranty. I have swapped out a iPhone before that was clearly JB due to bad pixels. Apple new it was JB too. Now on the other hand, if a iPhone becomes a brick and cant be recovered and they know or can figure out that it was JB, they can deny a warranty claim for that. But its not automatically voided.

Also, your back up does override the last one. Only time it starts a new backup is if its a new software version.

jeffw78

Nov 2, 2010
Visit site
What about applecare+?

I always spend too much time thinking about the what if's Say I drop it and damage the dock connector port. Or any sort of damage that would make restoring impossible.
I assume that would normally be a $50 replacement with applecare+, however, can they deny that claim due to JB??

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro