BiteSMS

Manzanas

Oct 25, 2011
Visit site
Just jailbroke. Got bite but can't make it do what I want. When someone texts me while phone is locked, I don't want ANYTHING to show on the lock screen, all I want to hear is the jingle. I want to see the text when I unlock the phone. That's the way I have it set up now...possible with bite?

Cyder

Jan 23, 2011
Visit site
Go into the settings and change the option to not show up on the lock screen. Or download SBsettings and turn off the SMS alerts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Allyson Kazmucha

Apr 5, 2009
Visit site
Alternately you can download pop up blocker by david ashman. It has the ability to block ALL popups on the lock screen. that should take care of the issue as well. if you by chance have a license for LockInfo, you get popup blocker free.

Massie

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
Actually, popup blocker isn't working despite getting "iOS 5 support." The "dismiss with Home button" feature is working, but it doesn't actually block popups yet.

(I think though that the version built-in to Lockinfo might work?)

Allyson Kazmucha

Apr 5, 2009
Visit site
I actually tried the built in one after reading this. No go. Blocks everything but bitesms quick reply. Probably a bug or something in both apps not playing nice.

Massie

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
Bummer. That's my issue. All I want to hear is he jingle, I want nothing to pop up on the screen.

I'm almost certain that's possible using Bite but I don't have it on my device these days.But this is from the changelog of a version released on December 6:

Fixed up the SBSettings SMS Alerts toggle to provide full privacy (including no status bar icon). Now shows nothing at lock screen if a message received.

And the home page says: You can customise to only hide the text if you wish, or, for full privacy, don't show the notification alerts at all!

So I'm fairly sure it's in there; you just might need to dig through the Settings section a bit.

Massie

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
*EDIT: Thought I had it, but if you're on the most recent version, you may have to use the SBSettings toggle mentioned above to get rid of all alerts, though it does let you toggle off Name/Content/Quick Reply in Settings>Notification Privacy. You could also try putting Settings>Quick Reply to "Use Apple Settings" and then put the native Messages app to View in Lockscreen=OFF.

Here's what I thought was going to work...
Okay, check out this very long post about Bite. I believe the section you're looking for is this*:

Lock-Screen-Menu-Options-200x300.jpg

Handling incoming SMS messages can be configured differently for the Lock and Unlock Screen independently. The options for how the notification are handled for an incoming SMS are; Show Apple Alert, Show Quick Reply, and Show Nothing. With the Apple Alert, this is the traditional way a text message is handled by a non-jailbroken or non-BiteSMS enabled iPhone on the lock screen; the message sender and message content are illustrated with no buttons. The lack of buttons is due to iOS not allowing for any application to call upon another application with the phone locked. Therefore receiving a message in this manner with this option enabled, a user would have to unlock their phone and navigate to the BiteSMS.app before being able to respond to the message. If the Privacy option is set to not show the message/sender - on the Lock Screen you would not even know who sent the message.

Hope that helps!

Last edited:

Manzanas

Oct 25, 2011
Visit site
I got it to hide everything when receiving a text. I still get a popup that says message from "someone", and it wont show until I unlock the phone. I suppose that will be good enough until I figure stuff out later.

nolhayes

Oct 26, 2011
Visit site
I've had mine setup like this since the iOS5 release in OCT. When it was stock. I'm about to upload some pictures that should help with making the settings choices.

Massie

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
By the way, Popup Blocker was updated since my last post. I don't have it loaded right now but it's possible it will work for you now.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2