Issues with Intelliscreen X

Bias X

Aug 2, 2011
Visit site
when i was using ISX there was an issue with text overlapping in the NC (lockscreen) when using Favorites, but not when i would use the pulldown NC

is this still an issue?

I only used favorites for a few days, but no this never happened to me

cmrngetty

Dec 8, 2010
Visit site
ISX seems to be uninstalling itself. I'll enable it by "downloading purchased license" and it will be on there for awhile. But I'll be using my phone later and notice that's its gone and I have to "download purchased license" again which is a pain since i always get "daemon connection failed."

rosenstar

Apr 14, 2011
Visit site
The only issues i run into are when i have another tweak in the notification center.
Like Favorites or Media Center.
The springboard crashes and has to be reset probably once or twice a day.
No biggie though.
Just listing the issue.

when i was using ISX there was an issue with text overlapping in the NC (lockscreen) when using Favorites, but not when i would use the pulldown NC

is this still an issue?

Yeah, this is something that bothers me... I really don't NEED the twitter feeds and what not, but I would like the favorites. I think it might be better for me to go Favorites and the NC SBSettings as opposed to ISX, but I also do like Messages+, and I do want the NC lockscreen capabilities, so I dunno, we'll have to see...

natefish

Jan 20, 2011
Visit site
When I swipe to display IntelliscreenX it takes me directly to the settings page of the app instead of showing the NC. Yep, can't even use the NC with ISX installed. I've uninstalled sbsettings and every NC add-on I had, and reinstalled ISX, but nothing helped. I can't even activate the syslog for some reason. The app never thinks it's activated.

Nate

Beamed by Scotty using Tapatalk

Massie

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
When I swipe to display IntelliscreenX it takes me directly to the settings page of the app instead of showing the NC. Yep, can't even use the NC with ISX installed. I've uninstalled sbsettings and every NC add-on I had, and reinstalled ISX, but nothing helped. I can't even activate the syslog for some reason. The app never thinks it's activated.

To me this sounds like you're maybe trying to use Activator to set a gesture to launch ISX? If so, you shouldn't--it's set to use the built in swipe down from the statusbar. If you're going into Activator and checking off ISX, you're actually telling it to open the ISX settings page instead.

If not, maybe try rebooting and trying to redownload your license.

grimduk

Jul 3, 2011
Visit site
You can't pick and choose for the ticker—if the page is there it's in the ticker.

For now the background can't be changed. I've requested it many times. Right now the best hope is the dev behind Custom NC Background and Flowtation; he says he's planning an update that will allow the ISX background to be changed at the lockscreen.

Not sure on faves but I doubt it, at least natively. Like you say, probably with another tweak.

Currently, ISX and Lockinfo are the two tweaks that can provide some variation of the NC at your lockscreen. To date, ISX has been the more stable and popular on iOS 5.

I have custom nc background installed on top of isx and it works

iPhone just shat this out

frozinwater

Jul 5, 2010
Visit site
is anyone getting issues where intelliscreen x notification center will get words with friends notifications and when they are taken care of they won't leave until you manually delete them?

natefish

Jan 20, 2011
Visit site
To me this sounds like you're maybe trying to use Activator to set a gesture to launch ISX? If so, you shouldn't--it's set to use the built in swipe down from the statusbar. If you're going into Activator and checking off ISX, you're actually telling it to open the ISX settings page instead.

If not, maybe try rebooting and trying to redownload your license.

I think that fixed it! So easy! Thank you for saying in one reply what Intelliborn couldn't tell me in three emails. Thank you!

Nate

Beamed by Scotty using Tapatalk

Bias X

Aug 2, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, this is something that bothers me... I really don't NEED the twitter feeds and what not, but I would like the favorites. I think it might be better for me to go Favorites and the NC SBSettings as opposed to ISX, but I also do like Messages+, and I do want the NC lockscreen capabilities, so I dunno, we'll have to see...

I would like to note that the update that came for ISX the other day has fixed my issue.
As far as i have noticed anyways. My springboard hasn't crashed for at least a day or two.

triangleman

Aug 6, 2010
Visit site
I purchased LockInfo back on iOS3 and was thrilled to jailbreak my 4S so I could run it again. Nothing like missing calendar events, having to open Mail.app just to mark things as read, and forgetting about Reminders to make you realize how lame iOS5 notifications were when one guy did it right back on the iPhone 3GS and Apple still hasn't caught up.

LockInfo is better than ISX on the main page (just due to being a bit better coded I think), but the extra pages with Twitter and Facebook make it more worth using ISX to me. Also the way it handles RSS feeds is brilliant, opens right into the Reader style of the article. Using Reader on Safari is nice when I feel like it but usually I just want to read the article there instead of loading up the article...again, so I sacrifice a bit of readability. Kudos to the ISX guys for implementing it that way.

I tried running both at the same time but it broke some of the NC widgets such as WidgetTask so I had to take one off, worked otherwise though!

My issues with ISX are as follows (mostly due to comparing to how LockInfo handles things):

1. Facebook feed shows Farmville!! ARGHH! I was thankful when the Facebook.app was smart enough to ignore the same things that I set on my PC feed, but I don't want to have to open that app just to check the feed. I imagine it's because of how Facebook's API is set up but I hope there is some way they can work around it.

2. The WidgetTask widget opens the app but leaves the NC down so I have to hit home to clear it and see the app. LockInfo handles it by unlocking the phone and going right to the app, which is proper.

3. Hitting X on new mail does not mark as read, only clears the NC notification similar to how the stock NC works, which is bad. I am hitting X because I want to mark it read. Having to preview the mail first and then hit mark as read is an unnecessary extra step. LockInfo does it right by clearing and marking as read with one hit of the X.

4. I noticed both LockInfo and ISX introduce some delay on pulling down the NC, usually 2 seconds which really starts killing the smooth feel of iOS. Stock NC makes you feel like you are immediately pulling down the Notification shade, whereas LockInfo and ISX feel more like activator actions.

Most of my comments are splitting hairs which goes to show how great a job these guys did. I hope that David Ashman will fire back at Intelliborn and add multiple paging and the social networking/RSS stuff as well. I'm not sure how long I have left on the trial but I will most likely be purchasing ISX as well.

Last edited:

Bias X

Aug 2, 2011
Visit site
My issues with ISX are as follows (mostly due to comparing to how LockInfo handles things):

1. Facebook feed shows Farmville!! ARGHH! I was thankful when the Facebook.app was smart enough to ignore the same things that I set on my PC feed, but I don't want to have to open that app just to check the feed. I imagine it's because of how Facebook's API is set up but I hope there is some way they can work around it.

2. The WidgetTask widget opens the app but leaves the NC down so I have to hit home to clear it and see the app. LockInfo handles it by unlocking the phone and going right to the app, which is proper.

3. Hitting X on new mail does not mark as read, only clears the NC notification similar to how the stock NC works, which is bad. I am hitting X because I want to mark it read. Having to preview the mail first and then hit mark as read is an unnecessary extra step. LockInfo does it right by clearing and marking as read with one hit of the X.

4. I noticed both LockInfo and ISX introduce some delay on pulling down the NC, usually 2 seconds which really starts killing the smooth feel of iOS. Stock NC makes you feel like you are immediately pulling down the Notification shade, whereas LockInfo and ISX feel more like activator actions.

Most of my comments are splitting hairs which goes to show how great a job these guys did. I hope that David Ashman will fire back at Intelliborn and add multiple paging and the social networking/RSS stuff as well. I'm not sure how long I have left on the trial but I will most likely be purchasing ISX as well.

1. I have all of my game notifications blocked on facebook. Not sure why yours are coming through.

3. That is more of a personal preference than anything. I would submit it to the developer to add it into the settings. I use the X just to exit out and read the text later if i am busy.

4. I don't have any kind of delay or lag on the NC.

Last edited:

triangleman

Aug 6, 2010
Visit site
1. I have all of my game notifications blocked on facebook. Not sure why yours are coming through.

3. That is more of a personal preference than anything. I would submit it to the developer to add it into the settings. I use the X just to exit out and read the text later if i am busy.

4. I don't have any kind of delay or lag on the NC.

I did go into the facebook main page and blocked farmville, now all the stuff disappeared from my ISX screen, I'm happy!

Also I found a strange activator action for drag down from top, it was blank but there was an X there so I removed it. That improved the responsiveness of the NC a bit, still not as fast as I'd like but it's possible another Cydia tweak or Winterboard or something is causing that.

It's more like the standard NC action where you clear the notifications from the NC, but they are still there in the app. LockInfo improved on that method but ISX must not have gotten around to implementing a new way to do that yet.

saynt j

Sep 12, 2011
Visit site
I think since installing Intelliscreen X, my auto brightness has stopped working. Would the brightness slider in ISX be the cause? if so, how to disable it??

Also, what's VIP mode? screenshot:

ISX.png

Sharma15

Oct 24, 2011
Visit site
I am having a couple issues with ISX 1.3.7

1) The toggles do not work well. I have iControl installed and when I have my phone locked it will disable all data, but everytime the phone is opened, it is suppose to turn on 3G. The phone will show 3G in the status bar but in in the QuickSettings info menu (swiping right on the Quick Settings menu) the Data ip is n/a and nothing that requires data will work, such as facebook, safari etc. this is a problem that ive been having and i am not sure whether its iControl of ISX but hopefully it can be fixed.

2) I was having issues with ISX so I thought that deleting and re installing would be the best way to solve the problem. I uninstalled it without problems but now I cannot reinstall it. I keep getting this "HTTP/1.1 404 Not Found" error.

3) Also, I noticed in the description that it was updated today (4/4/12) to version 1.3.8 but the tweak still says 1.3.7 as the latest version. Hopefully this can be fixed so I can install it again.

4) Sometimes when I restart my phone all my ISX settings are returned to default. Its very annoying to have to go into all my ISX settings and rechange them. This made me think of a "save profile" option where it will backup all your settings so when it updates to installs onto new device you can just go to "open profile" and use the backup you made and you are good to go.

Thats all for now. ISX is the best tweak from Cydia and I hope it gets better.

tyler_zyco

Oct 2, 2011
Visit site
Errors

Please confirm my 2 errors...

1. Opening facebook links through the ISX facebook page NEVER opens to the right link.
I.E. "Andrew uploaded a new photo" > press the story > press "Open" > taken to wrong page (also facebook navigation is now messed up and I have to restart in order to fix it)

2. Messages+ gets stuck in landscape mode if it is opened on the lockscreen, display sleeps and is woken back up again (I admit not a big problem but I never type in landscape)

Massie

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
Not sure if this counts as an ISX issue, but here goes:

I use ISX at the lockscreen via the pull down shade, but also use native popups for some things like Words With Friends. I've noticed lately that if I'm using my phone and get a notification for WWF, and then use ISX while my phone is still unlocked to open the notification, the native popup will be on my lockscreen the next time I sleep/wake my device. Is anyone else experiencing this?

To be more clear, here is the situation:
-I'm browsing Safari on my phone, and get a notification from WWF
-I pull down the ISX shade and tap the notification to go to WWF
-After playing, I continue whatever I was doing, and then lock my phone.
-The next time I unlock, there is a WWF popup on my lockscreen, for the turn I just took.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods