- 01-26-2012, 08:44 PM #26
- 01-26-2012, 09:54 PM #27
- 01-27-2012, 06:08 AM #29
- 01-27-2012, 06:40 AM #30
- 01-27-2012, 01:27 PM #31
- 01-27-2012, 07:37 PM #32iPhone Newbie
- 10 Posts
I purchased LockInfo back on iOS3 and was thrilled to jailbreak my 4S so I could run it again. Nothing like missing calendar events, having to open Mail.app just to mark things as read, and forgetting about Reminders to make you realize how lame iOS5 notifications were when one guy did it right back on the iPhone 3GS and Apple still hasn't caught up.
LockInfo is better than ISX on the main page (just due to being a bit better coded I think), but the extra pages with Twitter and Facebook make it more worth using ISX to me. Also the way it handles RSS feeds is brilliant, opens right into the Reader style of the article. Using Reader on Safari is nice when I feel like it but usually I just want to read the article there instead of loading up the article...again, so I sacrifice a bit of readability. Kudos to the ISX guys for implementing it that way.
I tried running both at the same time but it broke some of the NC widgets such as WidgetTask so I had to take one off, worked otherwise though!
My issues with ISX are as follows (mostly due to comparing to how LockInfo handles things):
1. Facebook feed shows Farmville!! ARGHH! I was thankful when the Facebook.app was smart enough to ignore the same things that I set on my PC feed, but I don't want to have to open that app just to check the feed. I imagine it's because of how Facebook's API is set up but I hope there is some way they can work around it.
2. The WidgetTask widget opens the app but leaves the NC down so I have to hit home to clear it and see the app. LockInfo handles it by unlocking the phone and going right to the app, which is proper.
3. Hitting X on new mail does not mark as read, only clears the NC notification similar to how the stock NC works, which is bad. I am hitting X because I want to mark it read. Having to preview the mail first and then hit mark as read is an unnecessary extra step. LockInfo does it right by clearing and marking as read with one hit of the X.
4. I noticed both LockInfo and ISX introduce some delay on pulling down the NC, usually 2 seconds which really starts killing the smooth feel of iOS. Stock NC makes you feel like you are immediately pulling down the Notification shade, whereas LockInfo and ISX feel more like activator actions.
Most of my comments are splitting hairs which goes to show how great a job these guys did. I hope that David Ashman will fire back at Intelliborn and add multiple paging and the social networking/RSS stuff as well. I'm not sure how long I have left on the trial but I will most likely be purchasing ISX as well.
Last edited by triangleman; 01-27-2012 at 07:41 PM.
- 01-27-2012, 10:44 PM #33
3. That is more of a personal preference than anything. I would submit it to the developer to add it into the settings. I use the X just to exit out and read the text later if i am busy.
4. I don't have any kind of delay or lag on the NC.
Last edited by Bias X; 01-27-2012 at 10:50 PM.
- 01-28-2012, 10:17 AM #34iPhone Newbie
- 10 Posts
Also I found a strange activator action for drag down from top, it was blank but there was an X there so I removed it. That improved the responsiveness of the NC a bit, still not as fast as I'd like but it's possible another Cydia tweak or Winterboard or something is causing that.
It's more like the standard NC action where you clear the notifications from the NC, but they are still there in the app. LockInfo improved on that method but ISX must not have gotten around to implementing a new way to do that yet.
- 04-04-2012, 08:51 AM #35
- 04-04-2012, 09:59 AM #36
- 04-04-2012, 03:58 PM #37
I am having a couple issues with ISX 1.3.7
1) The toggles do not work well. I have iControl installed and when I have my phone locked it will disable all data, but everytime the phone is opened, it is suppose to turn on 3G. The phone will show 3G in the status bar but in in the QuickSettings info menu (swiping right on the Quick Settings menu) the Data ip is n/a and nothing that requires data will work, such as facebook, safari etc. this is a problem that ive been having and i am not sure whether its iControl of ISX but hopefully it can be fixed.
2) I was having issues with ISX so I thought that deleting and re installing would be the best way to solve the problem. I uninstalled it without problems but now I cannot reinstall it. I keep getting this "HTTP/1.1 404 Not Found" error.
3) Also, I noticed in the description that it was updated today (4/4/12) to version 1.3.8 but the tweak still says 1.3.7 as the latest version. Hopefully this can be fixed so I can install it again.
4) Sometimes when I restart my phone all my ISX settings are returned to default. Its very annoying to have to go into all my ISX settings and rechange them. This made me think of a "save profile" option where it will backup all your settings so when it updates to installs onto new device you can just go to "open profile" and use the backup you made and you are good to go.
Thats all for now. ISX is the best tweak from Cydia and I hope it gets better.
- 04-09-2012, 12:39 AM #38
Please confirm my 2 errors...
1. Opening facebook links through the ISX facebook page NEVER opens to the right link.
I.E. "Andrew uploaded a new photo" > press the story > press "Open" > taken to wrong page (also facebook navigation is now messed up and I have to restart in order to fix it)
2. Messages+ gets stuck in landscape mode if it is opened on the lockscreen, display sleeps and is woken back up again (I admit not a big problem but I never type in landscape)
- 04-17-2012, 05:41 PM #39
- 04-27-2012, 06:41 PM #40
Not sure if this counts as an ISX issue, but here goes:
I use ISX at the lockscreen via the pull down shade, but also use native popups for some things like Words With Friends. I've noticed lately that if I'm using my phone and get a notification for WWF, and then use ISX while my phone is still unlocked to open the notification, the native popup will be on my lockscreen the next time I sleep/wake my device. Is anyone else experiencing this?
To be more clear, here is the situation:
-I'm browsing Safari on my phone, and get a notification from WWF
-I pull down the ISX shade and tap the notification to go to WWF
-After playing, I continue whatever I was doing, and then lock my phone.
-The next time I unlock, there is a WWF popup on my lockscreen, for the turn I just took.
- 04-27-2012, 09:47 PM #41
- 04-27-2012, 10:18 PM #42
- 04-28-2012, 01:35 AM #43
- 04-28-2012, 08:17 AM #44
- 04-28-2012, 02:46 PM #45
- 04-28-2012, 07:36 PM #46
- 05-13-2012, 01:53 PM #47
I just updated to ISX version 188.8.131.52. When I open ISX to update my purchase, I click Download Purchased License and I get an error message: "Licensing connection failed! Your jailbreak is missing a critical fix. Please install the Corona package in Cydia. Thank you for your understanding."
I'm running untethered 5.0.1. First question, I can't remember if I used redsn0w or greenpois0n. Is there a way to check? And second, can I install Corona over an untethered jb without issue?
Thanks in advance for the help!
- 05-13-2012, 03:14 PM #48
- 05-13-2012, 03:35 PM #49
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk; typos courtesy of iPhone and autocorrect.
- 05-13-2012, 04:35 PM #50
Thank you both for the help; I really appreciate it. No resolution as of yet but I think I'm going to use this as a sign to switch back to LockInfo and see what's changed there over the last few months. Hopefully, I can get things worked out with ISX.