HELP! iPhone stuck after "Erase all content and settings."

junaidar

Aug 5, 2015
Visit site
I pressed Erase all Contents and Settings and I'm jailbroken... Now it's stuck on the apple logo with the bar underneath but nothing is happening. I've tried to reset the iPhone by holding down the power button and home button but it just ends up on the same screen.
I don't know what to do.. please help!

Here is the simple method I used last night for solving Black screen Apple logo...

First I connect my IPHONE with my PC cable and then i pressed sleep+home button when the apple logo appears then I immideately release sleep button but pressed home button then after 3-4 seconds the ITUNES logo will appear for restore option.
Secondly I just hit the option restore from Itunes and the itunes automaticly downloaded latest version of IOS 8.4 and after download i restore it on iphone and within 3-4 minutes my IPHONE 6+ was working fine.
Note: 1:Do only these steps if u stuck on apple logo after Erasing all contents and setting option.
2: This method is only for Jailbroken devices.
3: I tested on Iphon6+....... it worked.

iDuos

Sep 3, 2015
Visit site
please help me out, i did erase all content and settings to my iphone 3 and since then its just stuck on the itunes logo, at times it restarts it-self and still gets stuck on the itunes logo, how can fix this problem? help help

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
please help me out, i did erase all content and settings to my iphone 3 and since then its just stuck on the itunes logo, at times it restarts it-self and still gets stuck on the itunes logo, how can fix this problem? help help

Is it jailbroken?

HankAZ

Banned
Jul 26, 2012
Visit site

Do you have a solution?

First of all, make sure that you’re running the latest version if iTunes. Then, just put your device in DFU mode and connect it to your computer/iTunes. It will download the latest iOS and install it for you. Good luck.

How to put your iPhone or iPad into DFU mode | iMore

Zero AnimeBro

Dec 15, 2015
Visit site
i kept trying but mostly my iphone 5c kept rebooting like shuting down and going back to the forever loading screen where bar and apple logo ontop and when im so close on finishing the 9.2 download its going to 0 again or gone restart again and the pause only makes it go to zero T_T

FahannElias

Dec 18, 2015
Visit site
Try restore (Format) iPhone through iTunes. Firstly, plug any Lightning Cable. Then, hold a Sleep/Wake Button and Home Button simultaneously. Wait until iTunes Logo appear. TQ

Jivko Ivanov1

Mar 17, 2016
Visit site
hey so i have similar issue
i used jailbreak with TaiG few weeks ago in order to use a hack for a game
now i got bored and i decided to unjailbreak it
i had saved a backup just before the jailbreak as instructed
i tried restoring it but it said that there is not enough space to perform that
i deleted all of the possible apps photos and data and still there was this issue with not enough space
then i went in settings and used erase all content and settings
then the iphone rebooted and there was black screen with white apple logo and a white loading line
i waited for more than an hour and the line didnt move at all
i tried pressing and holding sleep button and home button single but nothing
the only thing i can do is hold both buttons for over 10 sec and it just reboots and again the apple logo with the white loading line with nothing happening
i did this few times still the same
now i connected it to the laptop with the back up stored and did the holding of both buttons again
it did reboot and again the same logo with line
any help pls im starting to freak out

3cit

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
Jivko,
You need to put your phone into dfu mode.
Plug phone into computer.
Turn off phone.
Hold power down for three seconds.
WHILE CONTINUING TO HOLD POWER press and hold home button for 10 seconds.
Let go of power button, but continue to hold home button for additional 15 seconds?

Your phone will enter dfu mode. Your computer will say it has detected a device in recovery mode. Restore device, then restore backup made before jailbreak.

Holding home and powers together puts your device into recovery mode, but not dfu mode, and only dfu mode will allow you to restore from the last few jailbreaks.

3cit

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
From your other thread, "device is not eligible?" you need to use the latest firmware. You cannot restore to anything but 9.2.1.
So restore as new, then restore from backup.

Error 3194 is ALWAYS a hosts issue. Did you ever edit your hosts files to block Apple? Did you ever install tiny umbrella?

oSlothy

Jul 8, 2016
Visit site
SO i erase all content and i held down the buttons and its just stuck on the logo and my computer wont read my iphone help im freaking out

supahfly112

Jul 14, 2016
Visit site
Hi. I purchased an iphone 5 which I didn't know was jailbroken. I tried to reset the phone as soon as I got home and the reset process has been going on for 2 hours. I have the black screen with the white spinning circle. I've read the previous suggestions and tried DFU mode but no cigar. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thank you.

3cit

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
Hi. I purchased an iphone 5 which I didn't know was jailbroken. I tried to reset the phone as soon as I got home and the reset process has been going on for 2 hours. I have the black screen with the white spinning circle. I've read the previous suggestions and tried DFU mode but no cigar. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thank you.

I've got to assume you didn't do it right. You have to have the phone plugged into your computer and then turn it off.
If you have a spinning wheel then the Phone is not off and not ready to be put into dfu mode.
Plug phone into computer where you will be doing the restore. Hold home and power together for 10 seconds until the phone turns black, then follow the instructions from previous post.

Matthew Louwrier

Jul 29, 2016
Visit site
sadly, you will have to do a iTunes reset.
this happened to me too, but when i did it and rejailbroke, it was worth it.
best of luck and don't install any illegal tweaks,:):)
HBM

Spuzno

Oct 16, 2016
Visit site
I jailbroke my ipad and didn't want it anymore so i erased all content and now it's stuck on the apple logo and Mine won't connect to itunes it just keeps timing out so i can't restore it

Cathryn Bales

May 3, 2018
Visit site
Re: HELP! iPhone stuck after "Erase all content and settings."ok

My is stuck the same but pressing the home and side reset button DOES NOTHING. I'm in quite a pickle. had to reset because of that bull**** encrypted password crap that nearly locked me out of my computer with all my work. My whole day has been ruined I just need my phone to turn back on. Please help

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
HELP! iPhone stuck after "Erase all content and settings."

My is stuck the same but pressing the home and side reset button DOES NOTHING. I'm in quite a pickle. had to reset because of that bull**** encrypted password crap that nearly locked me out of my computer with all my work. My whole day has been ruined I just need my phone to turn back on. Please help

Which iPhone model do you have? By the way, if your device was jail broken when you opted to use the “erase all contents and settings” option then you’re going to probably have to put the device in DFU mode to recover. On top of that, you may have to try multiple times before finally succeeding.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods