HELP! iPhone stuck after "Erase all content and settings."

drd2010

Jul 3, 2011
Visit site
Okay, here's the story. So I jailbroke my iPhone 4S earlier today using Absinthe for Windows, and for some stupid reason, I didn't like it and decided to Erase All Content and Settings. I did that and now it is stuck with the spinning circle on the screen, and has been doing that for about 15 minutes. I connected it to my computer and it won't connect and I also tried using the power and home button to do a reset. Nothing is working and I'm freaking out. Anyone know how to fix this?

j7469

Jul 2, 2009
Visit site
For those asking, try holding down the power button & home button until you see the iTunes icon and plug on the screen (this is what a new iOS device would display prior to iOS 5). That means your iPhone is in recovery mode. Just plug it into your computer, iTunes should recognized as a restored state & force a restore. You WILL lose your jailbreak & be forced to the latest version of software.

derk

Jun 10, 2009
Visit site
Okay, here's the story. So I jailbroke my iPhone 4S earlier today using Absinthe for Windows, and for some stupid reason, I didn't like it and decided to Erase All Content and Settings. I did that and now it is stuck with the spinning circle on the screen, and has been doing that for about 15 minutes. I connected it to my computer and it won't connect and I also tried using the power and home button to do a reset. Nothing is working and I'm freaking out. Anyone know how to fix this?

Erase all contents and settings is NOT to be done on a jailbroken device. As you are experiencing, it doesn't work and hangs your device.

As far as I know, this has always been the case since the first jailbreak.
Just do an itunes new restore in dfu mode.

clayelliott

Sep 7, 2012
Visit site
Thanks that fixed it!!!

For those asking, try holding down the power button & home button until you see the iTunes icon and plug on the screen (this is what a new iOS device would display prior to iOS 5). That means your iPhone is in recovery mode. Just plug it into your computer, iTunes should recognized as a restored state & force a restore. You WILL lose your jailbreak & be forced to the latest version of software.

Thanks j7469. I did an "erase all content and settings" after jailbreaking and unlocking my iPhone 3g (4.2.1) and it was stuck on the apple screen as the peeps indicated above. I did as you said holding down both Home and Power until the itunes logo came up. I had it plugged into my PC the entire time. It was not recognized by the PC until the itunes logo finally came up (took apprx 10 seconds) but when it did itunes allowed me to restore it. All is well now. It loaded software but 4.2.1 was the max for my device...

3cit

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
What did you do before this issue started happening??
Any new tweaks installed? The "erase all" that was mentioned earlier?

sameer kapoor

Dec 25, 2012
Visit site
As I was once in the same situation , then according to apple care executive just connect it to pc and hold the HOME button only until the itunes logo and a plug seen on the screen then restore it via itunes.

ahmed qureshi

Mar 16, 2013
Visit site
My iphone was also jailbreaked nd i tried to erase all contents on it nd it was stuck but then i read this post nd pressed home nd power button for three to four times nd it worked

RemmyZero

Mar 13, 2011
Visit site
I've had this happen to me before and unfortunately you get into a pickle but I was able to find the phone using "find my iPhone" in the cloud and I clicked "remote wipe" and luckily I was able to get my OS back on after that. Might have been a fluke but it worked for me.

ups925

Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
i can't put my ipod in dfu because home button is stuck .... anyone option ?

use assistive touch to simulate a home button press. If your device isnt working at all, I suggest trying until the home button finally works. When my lock button was dying, it would work if I hit the very left corner of the lock button.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
INTERNET BUNDLE NOW