What to Do, Now That You're Jailbroken

DannyMichel

Jul 31, 2011
Visit site
i know I'm missing out on a lot of cool JB stuff. I'm barely using any JB apps. used BiteSMS for a little bit but ended up removing it. I don't like theming. What else? I'm such a noob

MacRulez4Ever

Dec 6, 2011
Visit site
You can do like this :

53f99fc2-53c6-cc7d.jpg

53f99fc2-53d9-1c92.jpg

53f99fc2-53f0-5d37.jpg

Sent from my iPhone 4s using Tapatalk

TiNuts

Feb 11, 2011
Visit site
Lockinfo or Intelliscreen x. Lockinfo is pretty much the only reason I jailbreak. Intelliscreen X is cool, but it didn't do what I needed it to so I use lockinfo. It's just a matter of preference.

DannyMichel

Jul 31, 2011
Visit site
I've got a pretty good guide up here on jailbreaking basics which includes some apps and utilities you may want to start off with - I'm working on another one as we speak : )

http://www.imore.com/2010/11/09/jailbreak-quickguide-common-tools-terms-apps/
thanks.
Lockinfo or Intelliscreen x. Lockinfo is pretty much the only reason I jailbreak. Intelliscreen X is cool, but it didn't do what I needed it to so I use lockinfo. It's just a matter of preference.
ill google it again, but isn't intelliscreen x a UI app?
thanks - ill take a look at Lockinfo

SnapThrow

Jul 1, 2009
Visit site
Thanks
Not really into changing the UI though
With the last couple screenshots, I'm not really sure what I'm looking at

Hmmm, then why even play around with jailbreaking? BiteSMS is a huge improvement over the native SMS app, LockInfo or IntelliscreenX makes your lockscreen actually useful, Barrel/fakecarrier/wraparound/gridlock/five icon dock/switcher/etc are awesome UI tweaks .. it's what jailbreaking is all about. I agree with you about themes -- I have never found one that I liked, but there is so much "cool" stuff in Cydia to explore...

Roose00

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
i know I'm missing out on a lot of cool JB stuff. I'm barely using any JB apps. used BiteSMS for a little bit but ended up removing it. I don't like theming. What else? I'm such a noob

im also all new to it. dabbled with rooting in android however, this is similar, yet SO different.

there is a thread where ppl are posting their homescreens, that is always most helpful to me. see what ppl do with the tweaks from cydia.

@imuggle, looking forward to another tweak list!

TiNuts

Feb 11, 2011
Visit site
Intelliscreen x and lockinfo aren't ui apps per se, they just put functional information on your lockscreen instead of it just being blank wallpaper.

Allyson Kazmucha

Apr 5, 2009
Visit site
im also all new to it. dabbled with rooting in android however, this is similar, yet SO different.

there is a thread where ppl are posting their homescreens, that is always most helpful to me. see what ppl do with the tweaks from cydia.

@imuggle, looking forward to another tweak list!

working on one ;)

Reactions: neur0tk

Allyson Kazmucha

Apr 5, 2009
Visit site
thanks.

ill google it again, but isn't intelliscreen x a UI app?
thanks - ill take a look at Lockinfo

LI and ISX are very similar apps - ISX is an updated version of the original Intelliscreen application. LI has been updated for iOS 5 as well.

I'm working on a comparison between the 2 for later this week. I'll post up a link when it's live. The two do a lot of the same things but some things differently. It really comes down to preference. They are both two amazing applications but where one may falter the other may shine and vice versa, just depends which one does more of what YOU need.

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
I jailbreak just for a few tweaks and nothing more. I don't do themes and stuff like that.

I use:

- SB Settings
- Pandora radio unlimited skip/no ads
- Album Art (Let's the current playing song album art show up in the icon on the multi tasking dock)
- Kill Backround (One touch to kill all apps in the dock)
- Pull to refresh safari

Just a few lil things here and there...

DannyMichel

Jul 31, 2011
Visit site
I jailbreak just for a few tweaks and nothing more. I don't do themes and stuff like that.

I use:

- SB Settings
- Pandora radio unlimited skip/no ads
- Album Art (Let's the current playing song album art show up in the icon on the multi tasking dock)
- Kill Backround (One touch to kill all apps in the dock)
- Pull to refresh safari

Just a few lil things here and there...

That pandora one is awesome

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods