Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    iMore Beginner

iOS Version

Default Bigboss source blank

I upgraded my iPad 2 to 5.01 and jailbroke. Now cydia is not showing any paclages from Bigboss repo. It is in my source list but when I go to it it is blank. http://apt.thebigboss.org/repofiles/cydia is what it says but nothing is in there.
  2. Thread AuthorThread Author   #2  
    iMore Beginner

iOS Version

ok I deleted the source and added it again and so far it works.

Global Posts
    11,882 Global Posts
    iOS Version

Had the same problem...

In Cydia... on the main screen at the bottom, hit Manage, then tap Sources.... edit... delete BigBoss. Then go back to the main Cydia screen, tap "more package sources"... and at the top, you should see it listed as a default and be able to tap that to add it back, and it should fetch the contents of BigBoss for you.
    Keith - iMore Moderator - The Mobile Nations/iMore Forum Rules
     iPhone5 on VZW;  iPad(2012) - wifi with BadElf for GPS
    "When the debate is lost, slander becomes the tool of the loser." -- Socrates
    iMore Beginner

Global Posts
    72 Global Posts
    iOS Version

Quote Originally Posted by kch50428 View Post
    Had the same problem...

In Cydia... on the main screen at the bottom, hit Manage, then tap Sources.... edit... delete BigBoss. Then go back to the main Cydia screen, tap "more package sources"... and at the top, you should see it listed as a default and be able to tap that to add it back, and it should fetch the contents of BigBoss for you.
    +1

Had the same issue. Went to look for "VoiceUtils" and discovered none of the BigBoss stuff was there. This method (above) resolves it perfectly.
    Rob Terry

@RobT43 on the Twitter

Late '08 MacBook Pro, 2.53 GHz, 8 GB RAM, 480 GB SSD; iPhone 5s 64GB (Gray); iPad Air 32GB (Silver); Apple TV 2
    iMore Elite

iOS Version

Server is just getting hammered right now because of the new jailbreakers... Just reload cydia for an easier fix...
    iPhone Nanite

Global Posts
    52 Global Posts

I'm stuck & confused & a real Apple noob. I've been getting CANNOT LOCATE PACKAGE for hours and hours on everything within Cydia. Should I just try again tomorrow, is this just cydia being busy? I tried to delete the Big Boss Icon Set, but that message about if I do it I would lose access to cydia worries me. And being sure Cydia is closed down and restarting it -- or respringing it? I'm very confused.