How to jailbreak iPhone 4S and iPad 2 on iOS 5.0 & 5.0.1 (Windows - CLI Method)

Allyson Kazmucha

Apr 5, 2009
Visit site
If you don't want to wait for a Windows version of Greenpois0n Absinthe to jailbreak your iPhone 4S and iPad 2, you can do so now with the CLI tool released by the Dev-Team.

The tool has been updated to support the iPhone 4S and iPad 2. This process is a bit trickier than using a one click solution like Absinthe.

Before you start this tutorial - back up your device. ALWAYS back up before performing any kind of jailbreak or modification to your file system. And also, remove any passcodes you have on your device. It can cause the jailbreak to error out or not work.

1. Download the redsn0w CLI tool (version 0.4.3) from our downloads page and save it to your computer. Once you're done, connect your device to your computer.

2. Open your command prompt and make sure you are running as an administrator. (Right click on command prompt and choose "Run as administrator"

3. Navigate to the cinject_0.4.3 folder. You can do this by typing the following commands in command prompt (each line is a separate command) -

cd /

cd cinject_0.4.3

4. Now type the following command in command prompt -

cinject -i payloads/jailbreak.mobileconfig

5. Look at your device, it should prompt you to install a profile. Click "Install".

6. Now type the following commands into command prompt (again two separate commands) -

cinject -j payloads

cinject -w

7. Now go on your device and navigate to Settings, General, Network, and turn ON your VPN. (Sometimes VPN access shows up right on the main settings page under Wifi. You can turn it on from there too if you'd like.)

8. Your device should give you an error. Hit "OK" and it will reboot on its own.

9. You will see a bunch of errors in command prompt. KEEP your device connected. Once you see something in command prompt that says "Installing Filemover", slide to unlock your device. Cydia should now be on your home screen.

If you run into any issues, let us know below. I recommend waiting for a 1 click tool but if you just can't wait to get your jailbreak on, the above should get you going if you're a windows user.

Last edited:

Allyson Kazmucha

Apr 5, 2009
Visit site
If you're getting a result too large error, try rebooting your device or a different USB port.

Or if all else fails, get a Mac :) Only kidding. :p

poisoned10

Feb 8, 2010
Visit site
Command Prompt can't find the the folder and I am running as Admin. When I download the file, where do I extract it to? Or does it matter? I just sent it to my desktop.

Ckidwell

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
Command Prompt can't find the the folder and I am running as Admin. When I download the file, where do I extract it to? Or does it matter? I just sent it to my desktop.
Open the folder that you extracted, hold shift and right click, you can open a command prompt from that folder this way, then you don't need to find the folder.

LucyBc80

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
When I click install it gives me the following message:

Enter your password for the VPN account: "pod2g: proposal {authentication method

hankband

Jan 21, 2012
Visit site
After typing in cinject -i payloads/jailbreak.mobileconfig

I get no prompt on my device to install....

PLEASE HELPPPP. been waiting forever to jailbreak, and now waiting for WINDOWS install...

i have tried switching usb ports and restarting device & computer

TiNuts

Feb 11, 2011
Visit site
I've navigated to the folder, but when I type cinject -i payloads/jailbreak.mobileconfig i get "cinject is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file."

what am i doing wrong here?

EDIT: Nvm, it created another cinject folder and I only had to go one step further.

Last edited:

poisoned10

Feb 8, 2010
Visit site
Either I am doing something wrong or I'm being impatient, or both.

After turning on my VPN, it doesn't automatically reboot, so I reboot myself. But I never get the errors in command prompt, nothing else ever happens.

Allyson Kazmucha

Apr 5, 2009
Visit site
I keep getting vpn configuration error on the phone. click ok and nothing happens.

If toggling VPN on and off a few times doesn't work, just an educated guess here as I haven't tried it - but try this..

go to Settings, General, Reset --> reset all network settings. Then try again with the VPN settings. Network settings controls that so my thinking is that it may boot out anything that's causing issues.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711