How to jailbreak iPhone 4S and iPad 2 on iOS 5.0 & 5.0.1 (Windows - CLI Method)

Miller1701

Jan 21, 2012
Visit site
Got an error...
'The procedure entry point xmlTextReaderConstName could not be located in the dynamic link library libxml2.dll.'
I have located the file, this comes up when i try and load the profile to my iPad.

Any ideas?
Much appreciated
:)

TiNuts

Feb 11, 2011
Visit site
Ok, I restored my phone via itunes. Itunes downloaded and installed some update (I had already updated to 5.0.1 via wifi. After the restore everything worked as should. I got the same VPN configuration error I was getting previously, but this time it rebooted when I hit ok. So maybe it just needed to be restored, or maybe the update (9A406) is required for this to work. Not sure, but it worked flawlessly this time around. And quite quickly I might add.

Last edited:
Reactions: matthirst

drd2010

Jul 3, 2011
Visit site
Got an error...
'The procedure entry point xmlTextReaderConstName could not be located in the dynamic link library libxml2.dll.'
I have located the file, this comes up when i try and load the profile to my iPad.

Any ideas?
Much appreciated
:)

I get this too. Anyone else?

Realed

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
So the password was left blank?

Ok, I restored my phone via itunes. Itunes downloaded and installed some update (I had already updated to 5.0.1 via wifi. After the restore everything worked as should. I got the same VPN configuration error I was getting previously, but this time it rebooted when I hit ok. So maybe it just needed to be restored, or maybe the update (9A406) is required for this to work. Not sure, but it worked flawlessly this time around. And quite quickly I might add.

poisoned10

Feb 8, 2010
Visit site
Just an FYI, I read on iPhone Dev's twitter to leave the VPN password blank and just click next.

I restarted my computer, re-downloaded the redsnow file and now I am stuck at "Creating backup..." where as before it only took about 3 minutes. It's been about 10 minutes or so now.

TiNuts

Feb 11, 2011
Visit site
I'm on verizon. 9A405 is the old 5.0.1, which you still get if you update over wifi. If you restore it again via itunes you'll get 9a406. Carrier shouldn't matter.

Yes, leave all passwords blank.

TiNuts

Feb 11, 2011
Visit site
I also don't know if 9A405 or 9A406 matters. I just tried restoring and itunes updated it automatically and it worked. The restore alone may have been all it needed.

Realed

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
I am about to try this. I am currently on 9A405...let's see if it works for me.

iambyron

Jan 21, 2012
Visit site
I also don't know if 9A405 or 9A406 matters. I just tried restoring and itunes updated it automatically and it worked. The restore alone may have been all it needed.

when you did a restore, did you restore from a back up or as a fresh? i dont want to lose all my data if i have to do a full restore from new.