How to untethered jailbreak iPhone 4S and iPad 2 on iOS 5.0.1 & iOS 5.0

twoeyedrob

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
this is my first ever owned iphone and i took the plunge to try getting outside the wall of garden apple has restricted in its ios. are there anythings i need to be worried about? can i update my phones software in the near future when apple releases an official new software update? are there any negatives to jailbreaking will my battery decrease faster? i already have an iphone that barely gets me 6 hours through the day. so any input and advice would help this is my first ever iphone experience ive always been on android but never knew how to root. these instructions were simple so im hoping i can explore please give me feed back thanks much appreciated!

Worried about? technically it voids your warranty, but you can always unjailbreak/factory reset the phone if you are to take it in.

Can you update your phone's software? No, unless the jailbreak gets updated as well.

Negatives: voiding warranty, possibility of spending way to many hours finding tweaks for your phone. And sometimes those tweaks just don't work, so from time to time you have to rejailbreak the entire device over again if you are locked out of the device. Sometimes a pain, but overall it's worth it.

Jailbreaking adds some hacks to the phone that I couldn't go a day without. I use SBSettings about every 30 minutes. Just depends on your style of iPhone use.
Hope I was helpful. :D

Reactions: Allyson Kazmucha

thyago231

Oct 9, 2009
Visit site
I have the Absinthe icon on my springboard but it keeps saying error stablishing database connection, even after turning the VPN setting on...:confused:

Artric

Jan 20, 2012
Visit site
I think I've just lost all of my photos!! :mad: :eek:

I did everything as instructed. I have the icon on my phone, but my pictures aren't there. I rebooted, they're still not there. I even reconnected it to iTunes, and the bar that showed gigs of pictures now dropped to pretty much nothing.

I haven't been able to run the icon yet, because I'm more concerned about my pictures... any help?

I ran a full backup to iCloud before I did the sync... how can I tell if my photos are on there? I'm really hoping that syncing them isn't turned off!!! :(

Anyone have this problem that was able to get their stuff back?

Thanks...

RawisTheGameHhH

Apr 21, 2009
Visit site
I think I've just lost all of my photos!! :mad: :eek:

I did everything as instructed. I have the icon on my phone, but my pictures aren't there. I rebooted, they're still not there. I even reconnected it to iTunes, and the bar that showed gigs of pictures now dropped to pretty much nothing.

I haven't been able to run the icon yet, because I'm more concerned about my pictures... any help?

I ran a full backup to iCloud before I did the sync... how can I tell if my photos are on there? I'm really hoping that syncing them isn't turned off!!! :(

Anyone have this problem that was able to get their stuff back?

Thanks...

Fix Camera Roll Error on iPhone 4S / iPad 2 When Jailbreaking 5.0.1 Untethered with Absinthe Greenpois0n - Jailbreak 5.1 / 5.0.1 / 5 / 4.3.5 / 4.3.2 / 4.3.3 / 4.3.4 Untethered - iPad 2 Jailbreak

Artric

Jan 20, 2012
Visit site
OK... so I just checked my iCloud backup options, and my photos are backed up there. What can I do to get them back on my device?

Thanks so much in advance to anyone who can help!!!

Artric

Jan 20, 2012
Visit site
I've tried the database fix using the VPN option multiple times, and have also rebooted the device with no go. I keep getting the error message. Anyone else running into the same thing?

And if I'm more concerned with just getting my images off of iCloud - how can I access them? Is the only option to just restore to a fresh 5.0.1?

EDIT: My images finally came back!

Incase anyone else is in my shoes...

1. I gave up on the original version of the jailbreak and trashed it.
2. I launched the new version and clicked the button to "fix" my jailbreak.
3. Turned off and turned back on my iPhone.
4. They were back! Now running image capture to download to the computer incase anything permanent happens...

Last edited:

Artric

Jan 20, 2012
Visit site
I'm surprised no one else is posting, but here are MUCH BETTER AND MORE CLEAR instructions for fixing the problem from thebigboss.org:

Note: for those having problems, these steps worked for me on my ?stubborn? device:
1) After the JB fails to do anything, reboot the iphone
2) Close absinthe on your mac
3) Rerun absinthe and it should detect the device and say that it noticed a jailbreak attempt failed and say it has ?recovered?.
4) Reboot the device again, and close absinthe again
5) Rerun the jailbreak tool, it will rerun as it did in the first place.
6) After it?s done and says to tap the ?jailbreak icon? do not do that! Instead go to your device, load settings, and click the ?vpn? setting to ?on?. Wait. The device should pop up and error and then respring about 30 seconds after the error.
7) If the device never resprings in step 6, repeat the steps above again until it works.

I'm about to try them now...

Mar 30, 2010
Visit site
Help!!!

Ok so I downloaded new file of Absinthe and it says to plug in device so I plug my iPhone 4S on 5.0.1 and the jailbreak button is not working anybody else getting this? I can't even start the jailbreak and I'm dying here please help.

chronictacos

Nov 10, 2011
Visit site
so that means i wont be able to update to the next official os update from apple? my

so that means i wont be able to update to the next official os update from apple? my

Worried about? technically it voids your warranty, but you can always unjailbreak/factory reset the phone if you are to take it in.

Can you update your phone's software? No, unless the jailbreak gets updated as well.

Negatives: voiding warranty, possibility of spending way to many hours finding tweaks for your phone. And sometimes those tweaks just don't work, so from time to time you have to rejailbreak the entire device over again if you are locked out of the device. Sometimes a pain, but overall it's worth it.

Jailbreaking adds some hacks to the phone that I couldn't go a day without. I use SBSettings about every 30 minutes. Just depends on your style of iPhone use.
Hope I was helpful. :D

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73