- 01-21-2012, 12:33 PM #101
- 01-21-2012, 12:37 PM #102
- 01-21-2012, 12:49 PM #103
- 01-21-2012, 12:56 PM #104
- 01-21-2012, 02:54 PM #105
- 01-21-2012, 04:09 PM #106
- 01-21-2012, 05:56 PM #107
Hey folks, I'm considering jailbreaking my 4s and have never JB an iPhone before. I've read a couple posts that said JB errors were encountered when devices had a password protection enabled. My question is this: I have a corporate Exchange email acct on the phone which requires password protecting the phone. Do I have to delete that email acct thus eliminating the password protection and then re-add the corporate exchange email acct after jail breaking?
- 01-21-2012, 06:19 PM #108
- 01-21-2012, 07:11 PM #109
- 01-21-2012, 07:28 PM #110
Wow, just saw the windows notification, did the jailbreak (I know I'm going to say root by mistake at some point) and now my iPad2 is JB. Haven't done the iPhone4s - I think I'll wait on that one for a bit. I'm worried about what to do with updates and all -- if I keep one 'pure' I'll be able to satisfy my curiosity. I'm terrible when there is an update I can 'look' at.
So, now I'm in Cydia and I'm not sure what to do next. But I'm excited to try. Anything I should beware of?
I so don't miss my Android.
- 01-21-2012, 09:12 PM #111
i downloaded the absinthe ios 5.0/5.0.1 for windows and all the steps were completed, it restarted fine up until i click the absinthe icon on my phone and it just sits on that screen says "Absinthe is now setting things up, please stand by" do i leave it there? and just wait to see if it does anything? cuz its been like that for about 10 minutes, anyone know whats up?
- 01-21-2012, 10:06 PM #112
- 01-21-2012, 11:18 PM #113iPhone Nanite
- 1 Posts
iPhone 4S went through with no troubles at all. Just be patient as the program runs on Windows takes a bit to send all the data to the phone.
- 01-21-2012, 11:55 PM #114iPhone Nanite
- 5 Posts
If people could be just a bit more helpful, I had it "stall" at the very first click where it said "jailbreaking, this may take awhile" for 90 minutes.
When others here say it does take AWHILE or a BIT can you state how long that is? 10 minutes? 50 minutes? 450 minutes?
It would help others to know if they should just restart after xxx amount of time, thanks in advance!
- 01-22-2012, 12:14 AM #115
- 01-22-2012, 12:22 AM #116
A few key things to do for a successful jailbreak on both iPad and iPhone 4s
1. Make sure you are on latest iTunes
2. Backup your device. Make sure your backup is not password protected
3. Settings / general / reset and erase all settings and content
4. Once device has rebooted, setup as new device then once on springboard turn off wifi
5. Run jailbreak tool. Should be very quick as the device is stock.
6. Once finished turn on wifi and click the greenpois0n app
7. If fails do the VPN trick, Device will reboot, then run cydia.
8. Restore from backup.
The reason people are experiencing long or failed jailbreaks is due to having content already on he device. For the first time this tool is using a multitude of new methods including using a backup during the JB. If you are having troubles just restore to new device and start again from fresh.
I've done two iPads today on 2 diff laptops and they were both very smooth. BTW I used windows absinthe tool. Also remember if you are on Windows 7 run as administrator and also try running in XP mode if the program is cashing.
Happy jail breaking
Last edited by ridiculocity; 01-22-2012 at 12:29 AM.
- 01-22-2012, 12:37 AM #117
- 01-22-2012, 12:53 AM #118
nvm, that didn't work. I really need help. It just seems that with whatever I do I get some ridiculous error that no one else has. If someone could send me a message or just post here that'd be great. Absinthe crashes while it's sending the jailbreak data, what do I do? The other method with the command prompt doesn't work either. I get some weird error.
- 01-22-2012, 01:03 AM #119
- 01-22-2012, 04:48 AM #120
- 01-22-2012, 09:17 AM #121
- 01-22-2012, 09:58 AM #122
- 01-22-2012, 09:58 AM #123
- 01-22-2012, 10:18 AM #124
- 01-22-2012, 12:54 PM #125
For those having the "Run as Administrator" issue with Windows 7
Newbie to iOS, but veteran to most other mobile OSes... Just jailbroke after fighting with Windows... Here's how to get around it:
Right click My Computer and choose Manage.
Go to Local Users & Groups, then Users.
Your Administrator account *may* be disabled (Down arrow). Right Click and enable it.
Right click Administrator again and reset the password to something you know. (important)
Close all the windows.
Right click absinthe.exe and go to Properties.
Under Compatibility set the compatibility mode to XP SP2, and Run as Administrator.
Click OK to save the changes.
Then hold the Shift key and right click absinthe.exe, choose Run as Other User. (old w2k trick)
Enter your computer name\Administrator and your password.