- 01-20-2012, 01:57 PM #26
- 01-20-2012, 01:58 PM #27
- 01-20-2012, 02:10 PM #28
- 01-20-2012, 02:10 PM #29
- 01-20-2012, 02:21 PM #30
- 01-20-2012, 02:34 PM #31
just saw they updated the jailbreak; not sure what's changed v1.2.2; still mac only Jailbreak IPhone 4S / iPad 2 5.0.1 Untethered with Greenpois0n Absinthe - Jailbreak 5.1 / 5.0.1 / 5 / 4.3.5 / 4.3.2 / 4.3.3 / 4.3.4 Untethered - iPad 2 Jailbreak
glad they are getting the bugs out before releasing the Windows version
- 01-20-2012, 02:39 PM #32
I think I've just lost all of my photos!!
I did everything as instructed. I have the icon on my phone, but my pictures aren't there. I rebooted, they're still not there. I even reconnected it to iTunes, and the bar that showed gigs of pictures now dropped to pretty much nothing.
I haven't been able to run the icon yet, because I'm more concerned about my pictures... any help?
I ran a full backup to iCloud before I did the sync... how can I tell if my photos are on there? I'm really hoping that syncing them isn't turned off!!!
Anyone have this problem that was able to get their stuff back?
- 01-20-2012, 02:39 PM #33
- 01-20-2012, 02:40 PM #34
- 01-20-2012, 02:52 PM #35
- 01-20-2012, 03:01 PM #36
I've tried the database fix using the VPN option multiple times, and have also rebooted the device with no go. I keep getting the error message. Anyone else running into the same thing?
And if I'm more concerned with just getting my images off of iCloud - how can I access them? Is the only option to just restore to a fresh 5.0.1?
EDIT: My images finally came back!
Incase anyone else is in my shoes...
1. I gave up on the original version of the jailbreak and trashed it.
2. I launched the new version and clicked the button to "fix" my jailbreak.
3. Turned off and turned back on my iPhone.
4. They were back! Now running image capture to download to the computer incase anything permanent happens...
Last edited by Artric; 01-20-2012 at 03:07 PM.
- 01-20-2012, 03:37 PM #37
I'm surprised no one else is posting, but here are MUCH BETTER AND MORE CLEAR instructions for fixing the problem from thebigboss.org:
Note: for those having problems, these steps worked for me on my “stubborn” device:
1) After the JB fails to do anything, reboot the iphone
2) Close absinthe on your mac
3) Rerun absinthe and it should detect the device and say that it noticed a jailbreak attempt failed and say it has “recovered”.
4) Reboot the device again, and close absinthe again
5) Rerun the jailbreak tool, it will rerun as it did in the first place.
6) After it’s done and says to tap the “jailbreak icon” do not do that! Instead go to your device, load settings, and click the “vpn” setting to “on”. Wait. The device should pop up and error and then respring about 30 seconds after the error.
7) If the device never resprings in step 6, repeat the steps above again until it works.
I'm about to try them now...
- 01-20-2012, 03:41 PM #38
- 01-20-2012, 03:53 PM #39
- 01-20-2012, 03:59 PM #40
- 01-20-2012, 04:00 PM #41
- 01-20-2012, 04:01 PM #42
- 01-20-2012, 04:03 PM #43
- 01-20-2012, 04:04 PM #44
hey guys, so i encountered the error on database. i had to go into vpn to turn the toggle on. I had a old vpn connection and saw a new connection for jailbreak, turned it on, and it rebooted. everything seemed to work ok after that.
But i do notice now, that I cannot go into that vpn setting at all, at this time. it would flash briefly on the settings pane, but then nothing happens. toggle it on at the pane, does nothing as well. does anybody know what is going on? thank you in advance.
EDIT: nevermind, figured it all out. I had an expired VPN account in the settings. Had to go into network settings to wipe out that old VPN configuration. I think we are good now!
Last edited by woody88; 01-20-2012 at 04:20 PM.
- 01-20-2012, 04:08 PM #45
- 01-20-2012, 04:09 PM #46
- 01-20-2012, 04:19 PM #47
- 01-20-2012, 04:32 PM #48
- 01-20-2012, 04:34 PM #49
- 01-20-2012, 04:39 PM #50
OK, so I haven't been able to try all of the steps from thebigboss.org listed (that's next), because I've been backing up my iPad to get ready to update to 5.0.1.
Anyway, I had been trying repeatedly on my iPhone 4S (what I had been using before), and finally got the greenpoison site to load... but that's all it did. It loaded their web site, and nothing else happened.
Anyone else run into this?