How to restore phone to iOS 5.0?

zillylb

Jan 17, 2012
Visit site
Hello, I am having a bit of an odd issue..

My iPhone 3GS is having a Springboard glitch where it would constantly restart. I see the circle spinning constantly. It freezes, then spins for a few seconds, and then freezes again.

I believe this happened when I attempted to install Siri, and when I tried to uninstall it - i forgot to disable siri in the settings. So when its starting, it cant find siri? Not sure, but here's where my main problem comes in.

When I try to restore my phone, iTunes will begin downloading the ipsw - but randomly timesout during the download. I can't find any torrents (since torrent downloads seem to work for me), and when I find a direct download - it also times out ( I think large downloads timeout for some reason ).

I did find a torrent for iOS 5.0, downloaded correctly - but won't let me restore it on my phone because apple servers deny it.

Is there software to disable siri manually? It there a way to install this iOS 5.0 ipsw file onto my phone? Please let me know.

Alex.

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
Can't put 5.0 since apple stopped signing it .. You need to figure our why u can't download large files ? .. And them download the correct one ither that it take it too apple and have them restore it for you

Sent Into Orbit from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk

3cit

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
You should get your iOS firmware from felixbruins.de
It's a direct download and it's current

iDonev

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
1. Unless you have your iOS 5.0 blobs saved, you'll have to upgrade to iOS 5.0.1.
2. If you have unreliable connection, I recommend using a download manager such as FlashGet for large files.