Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    iPhone Nanite

8 Posts

Question Can't activate iphone 4 after update to iOS 5.0.1

I updated my iphone 4 from iOS 4.3.3 to iOS 5.0.1. I preserved the phone's baseband (4.10.01) because I am using a Gevey Sim to unlock. Now I can't activate the phone anymore.
    I was able to bypass the activation screen but I can't use the Gevey. It takes me back to the activation screen.
    Is there anything I can do?
    iMore Expert

877 Posts
    Global Posts
    881 Global Posts

You contradict yourself with the Activation Screen.

Did you make sure you hactivated the phone during the custom IPSW creation?
  3. Thread AuthorThread Author   #3  
    iPhone Nanite

8 Posts

Here's what I did, in case someone else faces this problem.

I inserted the sim card then I bypassed the activation screen by making an emergency call (911 because it's not an emergency number in my country). I pressed the power button until I got the slide to unlock message. I clicked cancel and then pressed the "touch to return to call" at the top of the screen. That's how I got to the home screen.

Once I was on the home screen, I installed SAM from cydia. Hacktivate was turned off so I turned it on and rebooted the phone. This time I did not get the activation screen so I restored my iphone from backup and used the Gevey Sim to unlock.
    Last edited by Lara432; 01-18-2012 at 04:34 AM.