Cant Restore my Jailbreak 4.2 iphone4
I am trying to get the IOS 5 untethered jailbreak for my iphone 4, i am a relative newbie, so thought it was best to restore my phone first then go from there. But everytime i try to restore i get an error msg saying: "the iphone could not be restored. This device is not eligible for the requested rebuild."
Any help would be much appreciated.
- 01-16-2012, 12:44 PM #2
cant get into DFU mode
Thanks for the reply, but i cant seem to get into DFU mode, i have tried using the method itpb, showed:
To enter DFU mode, you will follow these steps:
* Turn off your iPhone
* Hold down your power and home buttons
* Release the power button when the Apple logo appears, but continue holding down the home button. You should be presented with a Connect to iTunes logo.
* Plug in your phone and iTunes should yell at you and say you must restore the device before it can be used.
But it wont work the green poison logo always comes up and i cant seem to get into DFU, any other tips?
- 01-18-2012, 05:20 PM #5
iReb is a Windows application which you can get from iH8sn0w.com. The app itself contains instructions to get to DFU.
Edit: Two more pointers:
1. If you download your IPSWs manually make sure you get the one for your iPhone - either GSM or CDMA.
2. Make sure iTunes can talk to Apple servers directly - your hosts file (and/or TimyUmbrella) must not point to Cydia.
Last edited by iDonev; 01-18-2012 at 05:32 PM.
is there an iReb equivalent for Mac?
Thanks again for your help, Tiny Umbrella was pointing to Cydia, so i have disabled that. But i still cant get the phone into DFU mode, only getting into recovery mode...
If you know of any iReb equivalent apps for Mac that would really help me now.
- 01-19-2012, 01:39 AM #7iMore Genius
- 3,044 Posts
Dont start holding both buttons...
Phone plugged into computer, powered off...
Hold power for three seconds, continue to hold
Power and hold home also for ten seconds, release power but continue to hold home until jailbreak software takes over... You're letting go of power to early at the beginning... The apple is going to be there for a second or two before you release power
- 01-19-2012, 02:31 AM #8
YouTube has a wealth of how-to-go-to-DFU videos. If you're still having problems, check them out.
Edit: Since you fixed TinyUmbrella there's a good chance that you'll be able to restore even without DFU mode. So give it a shot.
Last edited by iDonev; 01-19-2012 at 02:34 AM.
Thank you everyone!
it turns out a new day helped the phone restore... perhaps it was restarting while tiny umbrella was pointed at apple.
Either way, its restored now! now time to see if i can jailbreak it again... hopefully DFU will be easier to get into now.