Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 69
Like Tree7Likes
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    risingofthephoenix's Avatar
    iMore Beginner

    Posts
    73 Posts
    iOS Version
    5.0.1

    Default untethered jailbreak on 4S?

    is the untethered jailbreak available on the 4S? when will it be?
  2. #2  
    BLiNK's Avatar
    iMore Genius

    Posts
    8,280 Posts
    Global Posts
    8,629 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    iOS 182

    Default

    no. you'll know when it will be released because it will be comparable to the 2nd coming of Christ
    ChrisxJacobsen and iKev like this.
  3. #3  
    Philbaines's Avatar
    iPhone Beginner

    Posts
    76 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BLiNK View Post
    no. you'll know when it will be released because it will be comparable to the 2nd coming of Christ
    Too true! I think people are getting a little fed up of waiting now...ETA-a couple of days (4days ago)
    Pod2g's twitter is exploding at the moment with comments about the jailbreak.
  4. #4  
    Handlebars's Avatar
    iPhone Intermediate

    Posts
    244 Posts
    Global Posts
    265 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    5.0.1

    Default

    Why would you ask that question if you follow Pod2gs twitter ?
  5. #5  
    Philbaines's Avatar
    iPhone Beginner

    Posts
    76 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by handlebars View Post
    Why would you ask that question if you follow Pod2gs twitter ?
    who,me? ?

    I'm not sure what to believe anymore.a few days turn into a week,a week turns into.....

    And while this is going on there taking donations and trying to get noticed by apple!
  6. #6  
    derk's Avatar
    iMore Intermediate

    Posts
    330 Posts
    Global Posts
    350 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    5.0.1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Philbaines View Post
    who,me? ?

    I'm not sure what to believe anymore.a few days turn into a week,a week turns into.....

    And while this is going on there taking donations and trying to get noticed by apple!
    There is a new update as of 20 mins ago on @planetbeing's twitter.


    Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk
     Hackintosh 10.6.7 AMD Phenom 9850 quad core  Apple 5.5 gen 80gb ipod
  7. #7  
    krs7272#AC's Avatar
    iMore Intermediate

    Posts
    181 Posts
    Global Posts
    487 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    5.0.1_A406

    Default

    The twitter post derk is referring to

    "Finally got unsigned code running on my 4S with the stuff that will go into the new jailbreak!"


    Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk
  8. #8  
    Philbaines's Avatar
    iPhone Beginner

    Posts
    76 Posts

    Default

    Yer just seen that-tbh I think the lot is a load of bull.

    Musclenerd tweeted 3days ago that everything was on schedule and moving forward,pod2g says a couple of days.

    Now there still running scripts!

    Doesn't add up to me.
    Bet there making a fortune from all this!
  9. #9  
    krs7272#AC's Avatar
    iMore Intermediate

    Posts
    181 Posts
    Global Posts
    487 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    5.0.1_A406

    Default

    No doubt. pod2g tweeted in French the other day asking about a tax lawyer!?


    Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk
  10. #10  
    Handlebars's Avatar
    iPhone Intermediate

    Posts
    244 Posts
    Global Posts
    265 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    5.0.1

    Default

    Just be patient when it does come out you will know within a couple mins.
  11. #11  
    Philbaines's Avatar
    iPhone Beginner

    Posts
    76 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by krs7272 View Post
    No doubt. pod2g tweeted in French the other day asking about a tax lawyer!?


    Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk
    They must be making mega money from this to need a tax lawyer!

    They do an amazing job that only a handful of people can do but damn....they need start telling people facts rather than just bulling everyday.

    People are losing faith cos of this.
  12. #12  
    krs7272#AC's Avatar
    iMore Intermediate

    Posts
    181 Posts
    Global Posts
    487 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    5.0.1_A406

    Default

    Here's the latest progress update via iphonehacks

    http://www.iphonehacks.com/2012/01/u...ss-report.html


    Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk
  13. #13  
    Massie's Avatar
    iMore Genius

    Posts
    5,018 Posts
    Global Posts
    5,023 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    8.0.2

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Philbaines View Post
    They must be making mega money from this to need a tax lawyer!

    They do an amazing job that only a handful of people can do but damn....they need start telling people facts rather than just bulling everyday.

    People are losing faith cos of this.
    Where do you think they're making all this money? They do this work and release the jailbreaks for free. There's a BIG difference between "bulling" and other people just reading too much into tweets.
  14. #14  
    krs7272#AC's Avatar
    iMore Intermediate

    Posts
    181 Posts
    Global Posts
    487 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    5.0.1_A406

    Default

    Money plenty of people will donate on the smallest hint of progress thinking it may fast track it's release.


    Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk
  15. #15  
    Philbaines's Avatar
    iPhone Beginner

    Posts
    76 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Massie View Post
    Where do you think they're making all this money? They do this work and release the jailbreaks for free. There's a BIG difference between "bulling" and other people just reading too much into tweets.
    That big "donate" up on pod2g's blog is the big give away.....nobody does anything for free!
  16. #16  
    krs7272#AC's Avatar
    iMore Intermediate

    Posts
    181 Posts
    Global Posts
    487 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    5.0.1_A406

    Default

    Also he said last month when people were screaming for the A4 release. That he didn't own a 4S but as usual I'm sure a surge in donations rushed in to release the A4 and but his 4S.

    I will donate if and when an A5 is released. But won't for what seems as a never ending money grab with little updates.


    Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk
  17. #17  
    Cyder's Avatar
    iMore Intermediate

    Posts
    141 Posts
    Global Posts
    216 Global Posts

    Default

    So now we should have stayed with 5.0 and not upgraded to 5.0.1 according to that blog? Didn't one of them state to update to the latest version for this jailbreak? That's a let down.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Follow me on Twitter: @Grasela84
    Words Free App: Grasela
  18. #18  
    derk's Avatar
    iMore Intermediate

    Posts
    330 Posts
    Global Posts
    350 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    5.0.1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by krs7272 View Post
    Also he said last month when people were screaming for the A4 release. That he didn't own a 4S but as usual I'm sure a surge in donations rushed in to release the A4 and but his 4S.

    I will donate if and when an A5 is released. But won't for what seems as a never ending money grab with little updates.


    Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk
    pod2g says only a few days to wait now!

    pod2g-ios.blogspot.com


    Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk
     Hackintosh 10.6.7 AMD Phenom 9850 quad core  Apple 5.5 gen 80gb ipod
  19. #19  
    krs7272#AC's Avatar
    iMore Intermediate

    Posts
    181 Posts
    Global Posts
    487 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    5.0.1_A406

    Default

    The A5 jailbreak is for 5.0.1.

    @derk I know just watched the video. Seeing it does give me hope that his mentioning "only a few to wait now" could be true.

    And many other jailbreaks were released late Sun night so who knows?


    Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk
  20. #20  
    Massie's Avatar
    iMore Genius

    Posts
    5,018 Posts
    Global Posts
    5,023 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    8.0.2

    Default

    Say what you will, but no one is forcing people to donate and no jailbreak has yet been released that wasn't free. If donations help by allowing these guys (many of whom are still students) to buy test devices, I'm all for itI'd much rather that, than wait for months while devs save up for a new device.

    Bottom line: jailbreaks are a great gift, and I'll take them as I can.
    ChrisxJacobsen likes this.
  21. #21  
    krs7272#AC's Avatar
    iMore Intermediate

    Posts
    181 Posts
    Global Posts
    487 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    5.0.1_A406

    Default

    I have no issues with donations. I'd think most would agree. I think the issues are when they keep posting cryptic updates. Now this jailbreak has probably has been most well updated that I can remember. But can't always make everybody happy.


    Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk
  22. #22  
    derk's Avatar
    iMore Intermediate

    Posts
    330 Posts
    Global Posts
    350 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    5.0.1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by krs7272 View Post
    The A5 jailbreak is for 5.0.1.

    @derk I know just watched the video. Seeing it does give me hope that his mentioning "only a few to wait now" could be true.

    And many other jailbreaks were released late Sun night so who knows?


    Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk
    I am predicting that we will see it by Friday.


    Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk
     Hackintosh 10.6.7 AMD Phenom 9850 quad core  Apple 5.5 gen 80gb ipod
  23. #23  
    mikah15's Avatar
    iMore Beginner

    Posts
    85 Posts
    Global Posts
    93 Global Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BLiNK View Post
    no. you'll know when it will be released because it will be comparable to the 2nd coming of Christ
    Lol!


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  24. #24  
    MacRulez4Ever's Avatar
    iMore Intermediate

    Posts
    220 Posts

    Default

    I think wednesday or how it spells is the release for jb to ip4s
  25. #25  
    FendrGuitPlayr's Avatar
    iPhone Intermediate

    Posts
    259 Posts
    iOS Version
    5.1.1

    Default

    Right before the weekend....maybe?
    A GOAL without a PLAN is only a WISH.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions