Ipod Touch 4g not updating to 5.0.1

Papote13

Jan 5, 2012
Visit site
I have a Jailbroken Ipod Touch 4g with 4.3.3. Been trying to update to 5.0.1 but have been unsuccessful.

Everytime Itunes attempts to update, as soon as it tries to put the Ipod in DFU mode it goes directly to the "Connect to Itunes" screen and get's stuck there. At this moment Itunes no longer recognizes the iPod and after a long while gives a 1602 error message.
In order for Itunes to recognize the ipod I have to jailbreak again with redsnow.

I have the iPod4,1_5.0.1_9A405_Restore.ipsw file and have tried both upgrading normally (Regular Itunes firmware update) and through (Shift + click on restore).
Also tried doing the host thing and airplane mode, just in case.

ovidiu1305

Oct 21, 2011
Visit site
Have you used tiny umbrella recently, I could have modified your host file. Navigate to C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc\ and locate ?hosts? file.Open it with Notepad and see if any aditonal like that has apple in it is added (ex 74.208.105.171 gs.apple.com) . Delete it and try again. Normally should work from recovery mode to, if not try to put to dfu

Papote13

Jan 5, 2012
Visit site
Have you used tiny umbrella recently, I could have modified your host file. Navigate to C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc\ and locate ?hosts? file.Open it with Notepad and see if any aditonal like that has apple in it is added (ex 74.208.105.171 gs.apple.com) . Delete it and try again. Normally should work from recovery mode to, if not try to put to dfu

Like I mentioned, I had checked the HOSTS file and the entries ARE commented out (#). Before trying to upgrade I did run tiny umbrella to get my SHSHs.

ovidiu1305

Oct 21, 2011
Visit site
delete them to be sure, then try again
If still not working update itunes, or uninstall and install again or even better use another pc

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox