A5 users, Update to 5.0.1 for JB!
pod2g just tweeted not too long ago for everyone to update to 5.0.1 if you want the Untethered JB your A5 device (iP4S and iPad2)
Last edited by ChaosShadow; 01-10-2012 at 01:32 PM.
- 01-03-2012, 05:50 PM #2
- 01-03-2012, 06:20 PM #3
- 01-03-2012, 06:22 PM #4
- 01-03-2012, 06:36 PM #6
also, i would look into iFaith or TinyUmbrella and how you can save your SHSH blobs and create your own custom firmware so if you ever need to restore you can ALWAYS go back to iOS 5.0.1, even well after Apple stops signing it. otherwise you will have to restore to whatever OS Apple is currently signing which most likely will not be jailbroken at the time, Untethered anyways
- 01-03-2012, 06:40 PM #7iMore Intermediate
- 101 Posts
- 0 Post(s)
- 0 Thread(s)
The tougher decision is for those of us on 4.3.3 with our iPad 2. Updating to 5.0.1 and hoping for a jailbreak is too much of a risk for me. Worse case scenario is I'm stuck on 4.3.3 forever, but at least I'm happy. Giving that up for 5.0.1 and having to wait several more weeks or months isn't worth it for me. If and when a jailbreak is available for 5.x I'll be more inclined to upgrade if given the choice, but for now I'm staying put.
- 01-03-2012, 06:52 PM #9
- 01-03-2012, 08:09 PM #10
- 01-03-2012, 09:28 PM #11
still do not understand how some users are/were experiencing battery performance issues with either OS. i'm lucky i guess
5.1; i can definitely tell it has improved for me, and it's a beta! i hope it stays that way when the GM is released
- 01-04-2012, 03:21 AM #12
- 01-04-2012, 12:34 PM #13
- 01-04-2012, 03:34 PM #15
The iPhone 4S doesn't have any sort of a JB currently. The iPad 2 does have a JB on 4.3.3, and if that's what you're not wanting to update... then no, I'd keep it on 4.3.3 until the 5.0.1 JB becomes available
- 01-04-2012, 04:29 PM #17
Just the way i have it , iPad 2 on 4.3.3 jb. Don't want to loose that. Ip 4s 5.0, waiting for the god dam jb to be relesed.
But maby it does't make any diffrent if i uppdate to My iphone to 5.01. I am not gona unlock it anyway
- 01-07-2012, 09:12 PM #18
My iPad 2 is unlocked from factory, and My question is if i uppdate it in iTunes or jailbreak it.
It can never be locked somehowe? Once factory unlocked always unlocked no matters what i'm doing.
- 01-08-2012, 01:25 AM #19
- 01-08-2012, 06:38 AM #20
- 01-09-2012, 08:20 PM #21
- 01-10-2012, 01:41 AM #22
- 01-10-2012, 03:58 AM #23
- 01-12-2012, 10:56 AM #24
pod2g's latest blog states they're basically done! This is awesome!
"Here are some news about the current work on the A5 research.
@planetbeing escaped from the sandbox with the help of @saurik. Thanks to their awesome work, there should be nothing left blocking for the A5 jailbreak.
Now it should be a matter of days. Still no precise ETA of course.
We all want this to be finished ASAP, we're getting tired!"
- 01-12-2012, 04:34 PM #25