A5 users, Update to 5.0.1 for JB!

ChaosShadow

Aug 30, 2011
Visit site
whew. This is going to be a tough one. Regardless though... should I update to 5.0.1?
Im on 5.0 now..

Yes, update to 5.0.1 :)

that's why you do not update. welcome to the life of jailbreaking. always waiting to update to the latest & greatest firmware

most think it's worth it...

LOL, this was the same in Android. If you rooted your phone and Google released a new version of Android... you NEVER took the OTA download :p

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
also, i would look into iFaith or TinyUmbrella and how you can save your SHSH blobs and create your own custom firmware so if you ever need to restore you can ALWAYS go back to iOS 5.0.1, even well after Apple stops signing it. otherwise you will have to restore to whatever OS Apple is currently signing which most likely will not be jailbroken at the time, Untethered anyways

Reactions: ChaosShadow

mgregg99

Aug 4, 2009
Visit site
The tougher decision is for those of us on 4.3.3 with our iPad 2. Updating to 5.0.1 and hoping for a jailbreak is too much of a risk for me. Worse case scenario is I'm stuck on 4.3.3 forever, but at least I'm happy. Giving that up for 5.0.1 and having to wait several more weeks or months isn't worth it for me. If and when a jailbreak is available for 5.x I'll be more inclined to upgrade if given the choice, but for now I'm staying put.

ChaosShadow

Aug 30, 2011
Visit site
also, i would look into iFaith or TinyUmbrella and how you can save your SHSH blobs and create your own custom firmware so if you ever need to restore you can ALWAYS go back to iOS 5.0.1, even well after Apple stops signing it. otherwise you will have to restore to whatever OS Apple is currently signing which most likely will not be jailbroken at the time, Untethered anyways

This is good to know. Thanks for sharing the knowledge :D

The tougher decision is for those of us on 4.3.3 with our iPad 2. Updating to 5.0.1 and hoping for a jailbreak is too much of a risk for me. Worse case scenario is I'm stuck on 4.3.3 forever, but at least I'm happy. Giving that up for 5.0.1 and having to wait several more weeks or months isn't worth it for me. If and when a jailbreak is available for 5.x I'll be more inclined to upgrade if given the choice, but for now I'm staying put.

pod2g says that the JB should be released in about a week. I don't think Apple will be releasing 5.1 by then. I'd wait it out

derk

Jun 10, 2009
Visit site
that's why you do not update. welcome to the life of jailbreaking. always waiting to update to the latest & greatest firmware

most think it's worth it...

Ditto!

Everything would have been easier if pod2g stated that in the first place.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk

Joe McG

Jun 9, 2009
Visit site
I wouldn't update to 5.0.1. My battery life got worse on 5.0.1, even after several restores and setup as new. Just stay on ios 5.0

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
I wouldn't update to 5.0.1. My battery life got worse on 5.0.1, even after several restores and setup as new. Just stay on ios 5.0

really? my battery life stayed the same maybe even improved a little going from 5.0 to 5.0.1

still do not understand how some users are/were experiencing battery performance issues with either OS. i'm lucky i guess

5.1; i can definitely tell it has improved for me, and it's a beta! i hope it stays that way when the GM is released

ChaosShadow

Aug 30, 2011
Visit site
I understand, but then i wait until it really is out and released. I cant uppdate now and loose my jb.

;)

What device are you hesitant to update? If it's a device that has an A4 chip (iPad and iPhone 4), then there's already an untethered JB available.

The iPhone 4S doesn't have any sort of a JB currently. The iPad 2 does have a JB on 4.3.3, and if that's what you're not wanting to update... then no, I'd keep it on 4.3.3 until the 5.0.1 JB becomes available :)

MacRulez4Ever

Dec 6, 2011
Visit site
Just the way i have it , iPad 2 on 4.3.3 jb. Don't want to loose that. Ip 4s 5.0, waiting for the god dam jb to be relesed.
But maby it does't make any diffrent if i uppdate to My iphone to 5.01. I am not gona unlock it anyway

MacRulez4Ever

Dec 6, 2011
Visit site
My iPad 2 is unlocked from factory, and My question is if i uppdate it in iTunes or jailbreak it.
It can never be locked somehowe? Once factory unlocked always unlocked no matters what i'm doing.

Or ?

iDonev

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
My iPad 2 is unlocked from factory, and My question is if i uppdate it in iTunes or jailbreak it.
It can never be locked somehowe? Once factory unlocked always unlocked no matters what i'm doing.

Or ?

If the iDevice is factory unlocked you can do whatever you like and it will work :)

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR