Ios 5.0.1 untethered jailbreak wont reboot

guid0mcman

Aug 6, 2009
Visit site
So I was rocking the tethered jailbreak since the gold master of ios 5. No problem. Got myself an untethered jailbreak as soon as it was released & have had no end of problems, all of which a hard reset sorted. Until today. My phone stuck in the email app. I tried to hard reset it & the thing hangs with the Apple logo in recovery.

Have tried to use redsn0w to boot tethered & have tried running the jailbreak over the phone again. The first option I end up with the pwnapple stuck on my screen the second just errors out.

The phone doesn't appear in Tinyumbrella so I cant use that to kick it out of recovery & there's no fixrecovery for ios 5 at all.

What can I do?

guid0mcman

Aug 6, 2009
Visit site
Qtweeter

It would appear that Qtweeter was the culprit. I restored to stock, re-jailbroke & started reinstalling Cydia Apps. The fourth was Qtweeter. Immediately after installing my phone was bricked again.

The "what apps work in iOS 5" places suggest Qtweeter's partially working. It may've been for 5.0 but sure ain't for 5.0.1

AVOID.

ovidiu1305

Oct 21, 2011
Visit site
Yes the best thing to do would be to have a fresh restore (use a custom firmware if you are an unlocker), then jailbreak with the lattest redsn0w, wich has some bugs fixed

korp#IM

Nov 27, 2010
Visit site
It would appear that Qtweeter was the culprit. I restored to stock, re-jailbroke & started reinstalling Cydia Apps. The fourth was Qtweeter. Immediately after installing my phone was bricked again.

The "what apps work in iOS 5" places suggest Qtweeter's partially working. It may've been for 5.0 but sure ain't for 5.0.1

AVOID.

Yep I can confirm this problem as well. Ran fine with lock info, barrel, winter board, infini folder ... and as soon as qTweeter got installed I hangup on a phone call and the phone froze. Not to mention I couldn't do a soft reset to get going again it literally just locks up the phone and needs a restore.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner