HELP! Apps Minimized After Jailbreak

Lozi

Oct 13, 2011
Visit site
Hi, I recently jailbroke my device after it went untethered for 5.0.1, after jailbraking and installing some apps and tweaks, it was all working perfectly, until my phone suddenly started showing my apps in a tiny window after being opened(when i open the app its shown in a corner, covering about 1/6 of the screen and the rest is black), has this happened to someone else? can anyone help me fix this or tell me whats causing the issue. thank you in advance.

3cit

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
It's an easy fix... Home button back to springboard, then sbsettings to power and select safe mode... Then respring to get out of safe mode...
You'll probably have to do it Everytime you reboot....
I think it's an activator issue

Lozi

Oct 13, 2011
Visit site
Thank you very much, I solved it in a very tedious way but if it happens again i'ill surely use your solution, and again thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

seanmac30

Jan 5, 2012
Visit site
It's an easy fix... Home button back to springboard, then sbsettings to power and select safe mode... Then respring to get out of safe mode...

I have the same problem here but cannot use your solution above. I have SBSettings installed but I also have Intelliscreen X as well and I am still trying to get my head round how they work together. Sbsetting is integrated with intelliscreen and there is no toogle that i can see that will allow me to go into safe mode. I have looked into uninstalling intelliscreen X through Cydia but I can't be cause of the minimized screen. I cannot change the settings of SBsettings for the same reason so I'm stuck. I not massively familiar with SSH but could I enter safe mode manually with a command??

Im a bit of a lame duck at the moment so I would appreciate some advice please.

Thanks,

Johnny

3cit

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
I have the same problem here but cannot use your solution above. I have SBSettings installed but I also have Intelliscreen X as well and I am still trying to get my head round how they work together. Sbsetting is integrated with intelliscreen and there is no toogle that i can see that will allow me to go into safe mode. I have looked into uninstalling intelliscreen X through Cydia but I can't be cause of the minimized screen. I cannot change the settings of SBsettings for the same reason so I'm stuck. I not massively familiar with SSH but could I enter safe mode manually with a command??

Im a bit of a lame duck at the moment so I would appreciate some advice please.

Thanks,

Johnny

When you are on springboard you should be able to slide across your statues bar to open up sbsettings... It shouldn't activate isx... While in the sbsettings menu there should be a power toggle, which will then give you multiple power options, one of which is safe mode...
Also I'm sure that if that doesnt work there must be some sort if terminal function that would reboot
Into safe mode... But I don't know it...

Massie

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
Yep, you should be able to launch sbsettings as mentioned above. Do it from your home screen and not the lockscreen, or else ISX might open on top of it. By the way?it's only the toggles from sbsettings that are integrated into ISX; the rest of the app is separate. (I actually turned off my ISX integration and just use them separately.)

For future reference, it's handy to use Activator to set up a way to get into Safe Mode for situations like this. Mine is set to enter Safe Mode when I hold both Volume buttons at the same time.

seanmac30

Jan 5, 2012
Visit site
Yep, you should be able to launch sbsettings as mentioned above. Do it from your home screen and not the lockscreen, or else ISX might open on top of it. By the way?it's only the toggles from sbsettings that are integrated into ISX; the rest of the app is separate. (I actually turned off my ISX integration and just use them separately.)

For future reference, it's handy to use Activator to set up a way to get into Safe Mode for situations like this. Mine is set to enter Safe Mode when I hold both Volume buttons at the same time.

Ah thank you Massie that gave me an idea. I had the SBSetting window disabled and was not able to enable it because of the original said problem. However, I was able to able to assign an enabling of safe mode in activator and sorted it from there.

Thanks again

Lozi

Oct 13, 2011
Visit site
By any chance do you have lastapp as an activator action, as soon as I uninstalled it my phone worked properly again. Dont know if coincidence or if thats what causes the issue.

Lozi

Oct 13, 2011
Visit site
I confirmed lastapp as the issue, but an update has been issued fixing the problem.

kellyn97

Aug 6, 2012
Visit site

hi uhm im one the same boat but when i try to go to sbsettings i cant find it, but im sure ive installed it as it has been on safe mode before. so this might be a dumb question but where am i suppose to look at for sbsetting?

Massie

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
If you have SBSettings installed, just swipe across your statusbar to activate it, then press Power, then Safe Mode. But if you don't have it installed, Mobile Substrate now includes a built-in way to enter Safe Mode. To enter it, just reboot your phone while holding down the Volume Up button the whole time. It will reboot into Safe Mode.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MadisonOlsen