Help YouTube/AppStore crash 5.0.1 untethered jailbreak

carlos100

Jul 23, 2009
Visit site
After much rafting about I managed to get my iPhone 4 jailbroken on 5.0.1.

Now I'm. It new to this, I have been jailbreaking since my 3GS on iOS 3. Something.

However this is the first time I have run into serious difficulties, my YouTube and AppStore apps crash a second or two after loading.

I know a restore and re-jailbreak will fix it, but I have done that several times in the last couple of days and really don't fancy doing it again.

I was wondering if anyone knew what is causing the crashes or how to fix it.

I have the following cydia apps installed:

Activator
Appsync for ios5+
Barrel
Cydelete
Ifile
Installous 4
My3g
Move2unlock
Open backup
Openssh
Pull to refresh for mail
Sbsettings
Springtomize2

I have no idea what caused the errors as only noticed them after installing a few cydia apps.

Any help greatly appreciated.

j7469

Jul 2, 2009
Visit site
Update - fixed

My3G was the problem, seems to have issues on 5.0.1

Glad that you got it fixed but I don't believe that there is a problem with My3G and 5.0.1 in general. That was the first jailbreak app I install on both mine and my wife's VZ iPhone 4 (because it is usually listed on cydia front page.

You may want to try re-jailbreaking & trying to reinstall My3G. For me that is top 3 of why I jailbreak.

chiapett

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
Hello, I had the exact same app crashing problem after upgrading to 5.0.1 and jailbreaking. After removing My3G, my problem was also resolved. Thanks!

3cit

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
You sure removing my3g was the fix and not the update to Mobil substrate and others from cydia?

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MadisonOlsen