unknown white icons showing up after exiting Cydia??

CHAM89

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
hey guys had a question about a problem I noticed the other day after installing the 5.0.1 untether. A couple times now I've noticed after exiting Cydia that for some reason on the 2nd page of icons on my phone, theres 4 white icons that show up that are labeled "AdSheet, Field Test, iOS diagnostics, and Setup". It has been happening occasionally after exiting Cydia and they go away after I respring. Anyone know what these are or why theyre showing up on my phone? When they show up it throws my other icons all over the place and I have to go back and re-organize them, which is starting to get a little annoying. Any help would be appreciated, I attached a screen shot to show what I mean about the icons.

3cit

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
Same thing happens to me... I'm pretty sure it's an issue with gridlock, or installous... (not that I know what installous is...) also I've reinstalled gridlock many times and that's not helping

j7469

Jul 2, 2009
Visit site
I had a similar issue with a tethered redsn0w JB. I did a "just boot" to fix it. For you I suggest re-jail breaking with the latest redsn0w but remember to deselect install cydia.

Also one of the benefits of that happening is you can run a field test app & get cellular data. Does anyone know how to get access to field test info that without having to have the white icon issue?

Massie

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
I had a similar issue with a tethered redsn0w JB. I did a "just boot" to fix it. For you I suggest re-jail breaking with the latest redsn0w but remember to deselect install cydia.

Also one of the benefits of that happening is you can run a field test app & get cellular data. Does anyone know how to get access to field test info that without having to have the white icon issue?

Depending on your firmware, you can access the field test mode by dialing *3001#12345#* and then tapping Call.

(And for the OP, a respring is all you need to do instead of constantly trying to reorganize your apps.)

Reactions: j7469

derk

Jun 10, 2009
Visit site
It's most likely due to you exiting Cydia without a package fully installing.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk

This happened to me before when I had a tethered jailbreak for iOS5 on my iPhone 4. A respring (SBsettings, Winterboard) would fix it.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro