Should I even jailbreak?

swsmpbaby985

Sep 15, 2010
Visit site
I still have my iPhone 4, running 5.0.1 the 4S didn't really wow me so I'll stick with my 4 for now. However, I was wondering if with iOS 5 if a jailbreak is even worth it. Prior to my old jail broken days I used to love biteSMS and the MyWi app as well as MobileNotifier,there were a few other apps I used but the were the three main reasons I jailbroke in the first place and the apps I got the most use out of. However with iOS 5 and the "buyout/Intergration" of the MobileNotifier developer's program and iCloud I was wondering wha other compelling reasons as well as apps would one on iOS 5 have to jailbreak? I'm not big into the whole theming of the iPhone, I find it makes the phone look ugly! A d the Siri hack just doesn't seem legit to me, not to mention if I wanted Siri I'd have bought the 4S instead.

anon(631531)

Nov 3, 2010
Visit site
It's your personal choice. I was jailbroken with 4.3.3, but i'm stock with 5.0.1. I don't know what the future holds for IOS 5.1, but it can only be better. I will wait for the next IOS to be released, and then make up my mind. By the way, the new notifications on IOS 5.0.1, are not quite as good as Lockinfo, but not by itself, a reason for me to jailbreak. ToneFx has become redundant, and no longer needed. I'm not a "themer", so it would take something major, to get me away from team pure...These ramblings are just my personal observations, and not meant to influence anyone.:D

derk

Jun 10, 2009
Visit site
I used to jailbreak my phone, but honestly I did not like it. I like the feel of IOS 5.1, no need to jailbreak

I have an iPhone 4S with 5.0.1. I previously had jailbroken iPhones with my iPhone 3G and iPhone 4.
I miss it less these days with my iPhone 4S. However, I only want to jailbreak for 6 apps/tweaks : mywi, my3g, pdanet, infinidock,folder enhancer and bitesms.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
I miss it less these days with my iPhone 4S. However, I only want to jailbreak for 6 apps/tweaks : mywi, my3g, pdanet, infinidock,folder enhancer and bitesms.

MyWi and PDAnet? also, my experience with biteSMS and iOS 5 is "different" and not necessarily in a good way. it seemed like it was a necessity up to 4.3.5, but now it just feels different

Jan 1, 2012
Visit site
Jailbreak is good for a short amount of time.... But you get over it. At the end of the day if we can afford an iphone we can afford to purchase some apps to go with it. Enjoy.

icebox93

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
I think sb settings alone is worth the jailbreak. Now that there's an untethered JB for 5.0.1 I'd go for it. I'm not into themes either, though I have tweaked my interface slightly. Other useful tweaks include User agent faker which is useful for sites that force you into their mobile version when you want the normal site. I also like the tweak "pull to refresh safari", which does what it sounds like, Tab+,which allows you to have more tabs open in safari, and back forward enhancer, which lets you see your history when using the back and forward buttons and choose to go back say, five or six pages with far fewer clicks. Then there's infinidock, which lets you put extra items on the dock, as well as adds the ability to scroll the dock.

With all the great tweaks out there, I think it's clear that jailbreaking is worth it.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner