Trying to understand how to aquire Siri Proxy server...

Sergeant_Manny

May 1, 2011
Visit site
Okay, so I've read the article from "https://github.com/westbaer/SiriProxy" and I read up on how to find (well essentially create) the proxy address directly from an iPhone 4s but i'm confused.

The first website says that if that process is performed, Siri won't run on the iphone 4s and I'm confused as to if creating the URL on the iPhone 4s, and putting that url into my iphone 4 will make Siri work.

Does anyone have a guide on what to do when you aquire the proxy?

Last edited:

Sergeant_Manny

May 1, 2011
Visit site
Also, if I do aquire a proxy server from an existing iPhone 4s, can I use it where ever i am or do I need to be in the vicinity of the iPhone 4s?

Can anyone confirm that they have it working at least?

Sergeant_Manny

May 1, 2011
Visit site
I have no idea.

Its amazing how everyone is all excited about the Siri port when its pretty much 100% useless unless you make a proxy server on linux or mac (and no one has a good guide for the average joe to understand how to do that)

I had a friends iPhone 4s and tried to get his proxy server but nobody on the web has explained how to do that from the iPhone 4s either.

I've spent hours searching for a clear guide and all I found was a youtube video of some kid from Jersey who got it working on his iPhone 4 but also doesn't say how he did it.

Last edited:

Alveezy

Mar 31, 2011
Visit site
even if a "proxy server" is created. you still have to re-input them again after 24 hrs due to keys being renewed and signed. so basically it's useless...for now. once the iPhone 4S is jailbroken then we don't have to worry about proy servers for Siri.

Hennessy

Dec 30, 2011
Visit site
Okay, so I've read the article from "github.com/westbaer/SiriProxy" and I read up on how to find (well essentially create) the proxy address directly from an iPhone 4s but i'm confused.

The first website says that if that process is performed, Siri won't run on the iphone 4s and I'm confused as to if creating the URL on the iPhone 4s, and putting that url into my iphone 4 will make Siri work.

Does anyone have a guide on what to do when you aquire the proxy?

This website shows you how - ketchup-mayo-senf.de/blog/-it-howto-siri-fully-working-with-your-own-siriproxy-for-iphone-4-iphone-3gs-ipod-ipad - but it says u have to have a mac or linux, and sadly i have neither - if you do work it out it would be nice if you could hook me up aswell:cool:? (just a thought lol) glad to help:)

Sergeant_Manny

May 1, 2011
Visit site
I've checked out that website.....

The websites that explain how to setup a Siri Proxy on mac or linux is only to set it up on your home network and create custom commands outside of what Siri does (like changing the thermostat and whatnot)

Its useless once you leave home so this idea of sharing proxies also does no good if created by that method.

At least that's what its made out to be.

I don't care to make Siri my household maid, I want Siri to work outside of my house.

So Spire is absolutely useless unless your a developer or have time to create pointless commands that most logitech harmony remotes can execute already.

And I don't expect to see the iPhone 4s jailbreak come out anytime soon. They might jailbreak iOs 5.0 on the 4s when 5.0.2 comes out (or if iPad 3 is released and maybe some vulnerability is discovered or something....

Plus, there is not thorough guide on how to create a server on an existing iPhone 4s. its not as easy as going to settings>general>network>vpn>turn vpn on> create custom url because the save option is greyed out unless you complete the rest of the info for the VPN.

I have my iPhone 4 jailbroken and unlocked, for all of the work that it takes to build a proxy, I might as well sell my iPhone 4 on craigslist before more phones flood the market and buy an unlocked 4s from Apple if I wanted Siri so bad.

Last edited:

3cit

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
The 4s was jailbroken about three months ago! Its just not released... So I don't know why people question how long it will take...

cmrngetty

Dec 8, 2010
Visit site
402652_190128554417228_100002602540412_349063_395134702_n.jpg

Reactions: 3cit

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2