iOS 5.0.1 untethered iPhone 4 Problem

korp#IM

Nov 27, 2010
Visit site
Has anybody else had their phone lock up and then stay in boot loader? I have had this issue twice with this new jailbreak where: I hit respring with SBS and locked up the phone, and then the second time it froze on an incoming phone call but would not reboot with a soft reset.

derk

Jun 10, 2009
Visit site
Has anybody else had their phone lock up and then stay in boot loader? I have had this issue twice with this new jailbreak where: I hit respring with SBS and locked up the phone, and then the second time it froze on an incoming phone call but would not reboot with a soft reset.

When I was using a beta version of biteSMS on my tethered jailbroken iphone 4 with iOS5 before I sold it, there was a bad bug where I was getting a lof SMS messages and my iphone 4 would crash and boot to safe mode. I was never able to figure it out except to remove biteSMS (program I really enjoyed using) because it was so buggy.

Did you upgrade your Mobile Substrate version yet? There's a new version of redsn0w that contains the new mobile substrate version.

korp#IM

Nov 27, 2010
Visit site
Yeah I got the new update when it froze the first time. Froze again this morning after ending a phone call ... I am going back pure because it is just way too buggy. Even tethered worked better than this version of untethered.

derk

Jun 10, 2009
Visit site
Yeah I got the new update when it froze the first time. Froze again this morning after ending a phone call ... I am going back pure because it is just way too buggy. Even tethered worked better than this version of untethered.

Have you uninstalled possible buggy Cydia apps/tweaks and kept it bare bones? That's always a good idea to see the offending app/tweak. If it's crashing on bare bones, then you have confirmation there that the untether for 5.0.1 is the culprit.

I read on another forum that folks who uninstalled the semi-tether had better experiences. I am not sure if you had that.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk

korp#IM

Nov 27, 2010
Visit site
I only had barrel, sbsettings, qtwitter, five icon dock, and infini folders ... pretty basic stuff .... didn't see if bare still froze but pretty frustrating. I see there is a new release now for b3.

derk

Jun 10, 2009
Visit site
I only had barrel, sbsettings, qtwitter, five icon dock, and infini folders ... pretty basic stuff .... didn't see if bare still froze but pretty frustrating. I see there is a new release now for b3.

Unfortunately, with jailbreaking, you have to approach each tweak/app with caution. When I first jailbreak my device, I add apps/ tweaks one by one and test each one before I add more. For me. it's the only way to approach troubleshooting.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2