JB from 3.X to 5.0.1

DMB247

Jul 2, 2009
Visit site
So I've been content with my 3.0 jailbreak for a while. MyWi worked great, activator was perfect, backgrounder worked as I wanted. I was using audiogalaxy for my cloud streaming. Everything was great.

I decided to upgraded to 5.0.1 with the untethered jb. If I even open MyWi, I can only use it wired over USB and simply opening the app causes me to lose all data functionality on my phone. Meaning that if I just open it, and close it, upon closing if I go into the twitter app, I have no data to update. If I go into safari, I can't open any webpages. I have to do a hard reboot.

Activator no longer allows me to double tap for ipod controls. It puts me in safe mode and I have to restart.

Backgrounder simply does not work at all.

And iTunes match takes 10 seconds to play a song when AudioGalaxy takes 1-2.

I'd still upgrade even if I could go back, but I just wish these things would work. Is everyone else having these issues as well? If it's only me, maybe I should re-jailbreak?

3cit

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
All your installed programs are old... You need to update them... Updated backgrounder isn't on cydia yet, but you can find it by googling... Perhaps I will remember to post the link here in a few, but don't count on that because im as reliable as android... And activator works fine on ios5 but you might have to reapply your options and shortcuts

DMB247

Jul 2, 2009
Visit site
All your installed programs are old... You need to update them... Updated backgrounder isn't on cydia yet, but you can find it by googling... Perhaps I will remember to post the link here in a few, but don't count on that because im as reliable as android... And activator works fine on ios5 but you might have to reapply your options and shortcuts

Well, I updated all of my apps from the beginning. I didn't do a restore from aptbackup or anything. I just downloaded all those packages from Cydia. Shouldn't they be the updated apps?

And if you know of a deb for backgrounder that works, then that would be fantastic. I tried downloading one and installing it yesterday with no luck.

iDonev

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
And if you know of a deb for backgrounder that works, then that would be fantastic. I tried downloading one and installing it yesterday with no luck.

Doesn't native iOS multitasking do the trick? Double press the home button to bring up the fast app switcher.

derk

Jun 10, 2009
Visit site
Well, I updated all of my apps from the beginning. I didn't do a restore from aptbackup or anything. I just downloaded all those packages from Cydia. Shouldn't they be the updated apps?

Did you restore as new iphone when you upgraded to 5.0.1 and then jailbreak?

I found that on previous iPhones which were jailbroken, I had to restore as new phone to the updated firmware then jailbreak to have a good experience.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk