Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    14,266 Global Posts

Default RedSn0w updated with 0.9.10b2

iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    474 Global Posts

Thanks. Jailbreaking with this over the first untethered jailbreak. Worked perfectly for my Cydia issues.
    iPhone Newbie

Global Posts
    906 Global Posts

I've been MIA on the forums recently and am a little behind, however, this appears to be an untethered JB for 5.0.1. Is this for GSM and CDMA? I'd really like to JB my iPhone again, but like I said, I haven't been keeping up so I have no clue where we stand as far as what can be jailbroke right now.
    iPhone Newbie

Can I just JB over my current one from b1 or do I have to restore from backup and reinstall everything?
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    1,551 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by LyleJ2k View Post
    I've been MIA on the forums recently and am a little behind, however, this appears to be an untethered JB for 5.0.1. Is this for GSM and CDMA? I'd really like to JB my iPhone again, but like I said, I haven't been keeping up so I have no clue where we stand as far as what can be jailbroke right now.
    This works for both GSM and CDMA.
    Lylej2k likes this.
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    1,551 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by DMB247 View Post
    Can I just JB over my current one from b1 or do I have to restore from backup and reinstall everything?
    "you can re-run RedSn0w 0.9.10b2 over your existing Jailbreak (keeping in mind that you do not want to check the install Cydia option as it is already installed)"
    iMore Genius

Global Posts
    8,563 Global Posts

going from a fresh install of iOS 5.0.1; all is good with Cydia now, all my tweaks/apps are loading as expected. even with all the heavy traffic
    iPhone Newbie

Global Posts
    906 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by briankeith513 View Post
    This works for both GSM and CDMA.
    Thanks a bunch, guess I know what I'm doing after work tonight. 7am can't come fast enough!
    iPhone Newbie

Global Posts
    200 Global Posts

Default Works Perfectly!

I was having problems with the original one that I downloaded on Tuesday night. So last night I restored my phone and re-jailbroke it with this upgrade. Works perfectly! Thanks